FoodBanter.com

-   Coffee (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/)
-   -   La Marzocco LineA Broken Banjo Tube (https://www.foodbanter.com/coffee/63470-la-marzocco-linea-broken.html)

[email protected] 23-06-2005 04:42 PM

La Marzocco LineA Broken Banjo Tube

I am in the process or refurbishing a La Marzocco LineA 3 group
espresso machine. Up until now it has been going very smoothly.

While trying to remove the banjo bolt from the group head I broke the
banjo tube where the pipe meets the circular fitting.

This part is back ordered for 4-6 weeks. Does anyone know if this sort
of thing is repairable? I have heard of people doing modifications to
their banjo tubes so I was thinking maybe I could fix this one,at least
temporarily.

If not I will just block off that group for now.

TIA,
Tim

conrad 23-06-2005 05:26 PM

The fittings on the TL27 banjo tube are silver brazed and can be
repaired. I have made my own different length tubes by purchasing the
fittings at either end from ESI . The part numbers for the fittings
were L100/2 and L100/4. Good Luck there is always a way.