Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee

Default RSS Coffee Feed - Gourmet Coffee Is The World's Finest Beverage! :: How Do Coffee Beans Become Coffee? :: Quick Tips for Better Coffee :: How Juicing Can Affect Your Life - Explore The Fruit Juicer :: A Delicious and Healthy Coffee Alternative - Trie

## 2012-01-23, Monday

### 20:29

[Gourmet Coffee Is The World's Finest Beverage!][1] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee
Articles from EzineArticles.com][2]]

Gourmet coffee has the ability to be enjoyed anytime of day! It can go from
day to night, and please people at various functions. It can be quite
inexpensive to very expensive and ranges in taste from light to dark. Gourmet
coffee can be flavored, or can be served deliciously by drinking it black.
Regardless of how you choose to drink your coffee, one thing is for sure, many
people depend on their daily dose of the delicious beverage!

[How Do Coffee Beans Become Coffee?][3] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles from
EzineArticles.com][2]]

Coffee beans grow on shrubs in warm climates such as Africa, Latin America and
southern Asia. They are actually part of coffee berries at this stage and they
are a green or red, fleshy berry on the evergreen bush of the Coffea. They
undergo several processes before they resemble the coffee you buy in a shop.

[Quick Tips for Better Coffee][4] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles from
EzineArticles.com][2]]

Many people love to start the day with a good cup of coffee. Here are a few
tips to make that tasty beverage a little bit better.

[How Juicing Can Affect Your Life - Explore The Fruit Juicer][5] [[Food-and-
Drink:Coffee Articles from EzineArticles.com][2]]

Just about everyone has been reprimanded for not eating enough veggies at one
point or another. If you are reluctant to consume an appropriate amount of
fruits each day, the following advice regarding juice should make you happy.

[A Delicious and Healthy Coffee Alternative - Tried It and Loved It!][6]
[[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles from EzineArticles.com][2]]

Teeccino coffee alternative is an all natural product which can be found
online or at health food stores such as Whole Foods. The great thing about
Teeccino coffee alternative is that it is naturally caffeine free, it is non
acidic, and it is rich nutrients which create a natural energy boost when you
drink it. The product is also certified organic meaning that it contains only
organically produced ingredients.

[Feature - Finca San Luis Wins Good Food Award! Free Tastings in Ithaca,
Brooklyn][7] [[Gimme! Coffee News][8]]

![][9]

Colombia Finca San Luis has won the Good Food Award for the second year
running! That means it's been recognized by a panel of expert judges as
**delicious, authentic, and responsibly produced.** We're proud of the Finca
San Luis, and proud to be a part of the Good Food Awards mission. We have a
very limited supply -- only 250 hand-numbered bags -- of this outstanding
microlot. Find it in stores and online, and join us for free tastings in
Brooklyn and Ithaca!

## Colombia Finca San Luis Is Good Food

Finca San Luis is a small farm in Tolima, Colombia, where farmer Omar Arango
grows and mills his coffee in tiny batches. Gimme's Director of Coffee,
Colleen Anunu, traveled to Colombia to meet him and kick off an an innovative
trading partnership -- relationship coffee -- that has brought him Organic
certification, schooling, price premiums, and international recognition for
his coffee. Now, for the second year running, his coffee is a Good Food Award
winner. Only seven winners were chosen from a field of nearly 100 applications
submitted from all over the United States. This microlot is a blend of four
coffee varietals with aromas of passionfruit and papaya, and flavors of ripest
mango soaked in richest honey.

## Join Us for Free Tastings in Brooklyn & Ithaca

We'll be tasting a "Winners' Flight" of Good Food Award winning coffees,
including our Colombia Finca San Luis. Join us at our training labs in
Brooklyn and Ithaca!

> Winners' Flight: Ithaca

> Gimme Training Lab, 506 W State St, Ithaca, NY

Saturday 2/4, 12pm - 1pm

> Winners' Flight: Brooklyn

> Gimme Training Lab, 107 Roebling St, Brooklyn, NY

Sunday 2/5, 3pm - 4pm

Taste a flight of award-winning coffees from all over the country; meet our
trainers and roasters; and try our Good Food Award winner, Colombia Finca San
Luis. Tastings are free and open to the public.

## The Good Foods Mission

The Good Food Award is an innovative program that recognizes both quality and
responsible production. As they put it:

> For a long time, certifications for responsible food production and awards

for superior taste have remained distinct -- one honors social and
environmental responsibility, while the other celebrates flavor. The Good Food
Awards recognize that truly good food -- the kind that brings people together
and builds strong, healthy communities -- contains all of these ingredients.
We take a comprehensive view, honoring people who make food that is delicious,
respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural
traditions.

In order to qualify for the award, we had to pass strict tests for responsible
sourcing; many coffees were disqualified at this stage. The final round of
judging was a blind tasting by a panel of expert judges, so only the best and
most delicious coffees were awarded top honors.

Colombia Finca San Luis has won the Good Food Award for the second year
running! That means it's been recognized by a panel of expert judges as
**delicious, authentic, and responsibly produced.** We're proud of the Finca
San Luis, and proud to be a part of the Good Food Awards mission. We have a
very limited supply -- only 250 hand-numbered bags -- of this outstanding
microlot. Find it in stores and online, and join us for free tastings in
Brooklyn and Ithaca!

## Colombia Finca San Luis Is Good Food

Finca San Luis is a small farm in Tolima, Colombia, where farmer Omar Arango
grows and mills his coffee in tiny batches. Gimme's Director of Coffee,
Colleen Anunu, traveled to Colombia to meet him and kick off an an innovative
trading partnership -- relationship coffee -- that has brought him Organic
certification, schooling, price premiums, and international recognition for
his coffee. Now, for the second year running, his coffee is a Good Food Award
winner. Only seven winners were chosen from a field of nearly 100 applications
submitted from all over the United States. This microlot is a blend of four
coffee varietals with aromas of passionfruit and papaya, and flavors of ripest
mango soaked in richest honey.

## Join Us for Free Tastings in Brooklyn & Ithaca

We'll be tasting a "Winners' Flight" of Good Food Award winning coffees,
including our Colombia Finca San Luis. Join us at our training labs in
Brooklyn and Ithaca!

> Winners' Flight: Ithaca

> Gimme Training Lab, 506 W State St, Ithaca, NY

Saturday 2/4, 12pm - 1pm

> Winners' Flight: Brooklyn

> Gimme Training Lab, 107 Roebling St, Brooklyn, NY

Sunday 2/5, 3pm - 4pm

Taste a flight of award-winning coffees from all over the country; meet our
trainers and roasters; and try our Good Food Award winner, Colombia Finca San
Luis. Tastings are free and open to the public.

## The Good Foods Mission

The Good Food Award is an innovative program that recognizes both quality and
responsible production. As they put it:

> For a long time, certifications for responsible food production and awards

for superior taste have remained distinct -- one honors social and
environmental responsibility, while the other celebrates flavor. The Good Food
Awards recognize that truly good food -- the kind that brings people together
and builds strong, healthy communities -- contains all of these ingredients.
We take a comprehensive view, honoring people who make food that is delicious,
respectful of the environment, and connected to communities and cultural
traditions.

In order to qualify for the award, we had to pass strict tests for responsible
sourcing; many coffees were disqualified at this stage. The final round of
judging was a blind tasting by a panel of expert judges, so only the best and
most delicious coffees were awarded top honors.

[![][10]][11]

## [Buy Now][11]

Colombia Finca San Luis

Microlot

[![Launch Slideshow][12]][13]

### ![camera][14] Photos

[Grown With Care at Finca San Luis][13]

### Related Pages

* [How to Make Great Coffee at Home][15]

* [How to Read Our Coffee List][16]

* [Sustainability][17]

### Other Pages

* [Good Food Awards][18]

* [Ithaca's Gimme! Coffee wins 2012 Good Food Award (Ithaca Journal)][19]

* [What I Said Last Night at the Good Food Awards (Ruth Reichl)][20]

![][21]

[Espresso Tamping][22] [[INeedCoffee][23]]

Pulling the perfect shot of espresso always starts with a perfect tamp. Let
Michael Griffin teach you how to tamp espresso.

[![][24]][25]

[![][26]][27]

![][28]

[POSTINGS RECENT ENTRIES FROM OUR BLOGS (New York Times)][29] [[Feedzilla:
Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[Four Daily Cups of Coffee May Cut Cancer Risk in Women (New York Times)][47]
[[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[WELL; The Claim: Coffee can prevent some medications from working. (New York
Times)][54] [[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[For Coffee Fans, Virtual Treasure Maps - App Smart (New York Times)][61]
[[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[An Investor Creates a Tempest in a Coffee Cup (New York Times)][68]
[[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[Fresh, Local and Upscale, Coffee Spots Multiply in New York (New York
Times)][75] [[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[Evicted for Manhattan Starbucks No. 188, Shop Fights Back (New York
Times)][82] [[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[There's One on Every Corner, but None Like This (New York Times)][89]
[[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[Cold-Brewing Coffee and Tea - The Curious Cook (New York Times)][96]
[[Feedzilla: Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[Starbucks Reorganizes Top Management (New York Times)][103] [[Feedzilla:
Beverage - Coffee News][30]]

[Winter Weather][110] [[Kona Earth][111]]

![][112]I'm always happy to get rain in January.

## 2012-01-21, Saturday

### 23:15

[The Long History of the Coffee Bean][113] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles
from EzineArticles.com][2]]

Coffee is a drink that is enjoyed by millions of people around the world.
Whether as a breakfast drink, an after dinner dessert or a mid-day pick me up,
coffee is a robust and versatile drink. Its stimulant properties make it an
ideal way to stay on point during those long days or early mornings. And
people everywhere take as much advantage as they can, often drinking multiple
cups every day. Coffee itself has a long history that spans the entire world.

[Gourmet Decaf Coffee Is Delicious Too!][114] [[Food-and-Drink:Coffee Articles
from EzineArticles.com][2]]

Gourmet decaf coffee can be just as delicious and wonderful to drink as it's
caffeinated counterpart. Many reputable coffee roasters have worked hard to
make the decaffeinated coffee just as appealing and exciting as the versions
that contain caffeine. This is great for people who enjoy the taste of coffee,
but do not want that extra kick of caffeine.

Generated by [rawdog][115] version 2.12 by [Adam Sampson][116].

[1]: http://EzineArticles.com/6835473

[2]: http://EzineArticles.com/?cat=Food-and-Drink:Coffee

[3]: http://EzineArticles.com/6834647

[4]: http://EzineArticles.com/6833894

[5]: http://EzineArticles.com/6819887

[6]: http://EzineArticles.com/6791226

[7]: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/gimme...3/qWyW_-YqP6c/

[8]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/news/

[9]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/features/...l_gfa_2012.jpg

[10]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/features/..._coffee_tn.jpg

[11]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/sanluis

[12]:
http://www.gimmecoffee.com/Assets/im...er_feature.jpg

[13]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/galleries...inca_san_luis/

[14]:
http://www.gimmecoffee.com/App_Theme...ons/camera.gif

[15]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/static/le...enchpress.aspx

[16]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/static/le...finitions.aspx

[17]: http://www.gimmecoffee.com/static/su...y_default.aspx

[18]: http://www.goodfoodawards.org/

[19]:
http://www.theithacajournal.com/arti...20317/Ithaca-s
-Gimme-Coffee-wins-2012-Good-Food-Award?odyssey=nav|head

[20]: http://www.ruthreichl.com/2012/01/wh...t-at-the-good-
food-awards.html

[21]: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/gimmenews/~4/qWyW_-YqP6c

[22]: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ineed...3/3NORKl8vZSA/

[23]: http://www.ineedcoffee.com/

[24]: http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/...OvWJIormU/0/di

[25]: http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/...OvWJIormU/0/da

[26]: http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/...OvWJIormU/1/di

[27]: http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~a/...OvWJIormU/1/da

[28]: http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/ineed...~4/3NORKl8vZSA

[29]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189542095?client_source=feed&format=rss

[30]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/news/industry/beverage-
coffee.rss?client_source=feed

[47]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189541809?client_source=feed&format=rss

[54]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189542352?client_source=feed&format=rss

[61]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189542151?client_source=feed&format=rss

[68]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189541621?client_source=feed&format=rss

[75]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189541753?client_source=feed&format=rss

[82]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189541859?client_source=feed&format=rss

[89]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189542307?client_source=feed&format=rss

[96]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189542048?client_source=feed&format=rss

[103]: http://news.feedzilla.com/en_us/stor...stry/beverage-
coffee/189541584?client_source=feed&format=rss

[110]: http://www.KonaEarth.com/Life/2012/120123/

[111]: http://www.KonaEarth.com

[112]: http://www.KonaEarth.com/Life/2012/120123/thumbnail.jpg (Winter
Weather - I'm always happy to get rain in January.)

[113]: http://EzineArticles.com/6826006

[114]: http://EzineArticles.com/6830707

Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee

Default COCOA, Fla. -- Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president. "By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American," Ging

COCOA, Fla. -- Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space
coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president.

"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base
on the moon. And it will be American," Gingrich told the crowd of
roughly 700, taking them to their feet in applause.

The former House speaker said the current space program in the country
is a "tragedy" and believes his "grandiose" ideas can help fix it.

"I am sick of being told we have to be timid and I'm sick of being
told we have to be limited to technologies that are 50 years old," he
said, noting that by 2020 he wants to be capable to go to Mars.
Banned

Good share.. thank you so much