Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee
'...@...' '...@...' is offline

Default COCOA, Fla. -- Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president. "By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American," Ging

COCOA, Fla. -- Newt Gingrich promised Wednesday on Florida’s space
coast to create a moon colony by 2020 if elected president.

"By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base
on the moon. And it will be American," Gingrich told the crowd of
roughly 700, taking them to their feet in applause.

The former House speaker said the current space program in the country
is a "tragedy" and believes his "grandiose" ideas can help fix it.

"I am sick of being told we have to be timid and I'm sick of being
told we have to be limited to technologies that are 50 years old," he
said, noting that by 2020 he wants to be capable to go to Mars.