fgphotog

Default can moka pot make cappuccino?

we never drink straight expresso, only drip and the occasional latte or
cappuccino when we're out - we cant spend big bucks on a great expresso
machine
so........could a moka pot be purchased & considered 'the poor man's
expresso machine" for the purpose of lattes and cappuccinos ?

and I guess we'd have to have a way to froth the milk - we do have a little
stainless steel pitcher with a plunge/press pot type thingy that fits within
to do it with

recipes?

Scott

In article >,
"fgphotog" > wrote:

> we never drink straight expresso, only drip and the occasional latte or
> cappuccino when we're out - we cant spend big bucks on a great expresso
> machine
> so........could a moka pot be purchased & considered 'the poor man's
> expresso machine" for the purpose of lattes and cappuccinos ?
>
> and I guess we'd have to have a way to froth the milk - we do have a little
> stainless steel pitcher with a plunge/press pot type thingy that fits within
> to do it with
>
> recipes?

Espresso, not expresso. Moka pots cannot make espresso, since they
cannot reach anywhere close to the necessary pressure. They can make
good, strong coffee, but it's not espresso. There are some moka pots
with integrated steam wands, which can do a basic job of frothing.

please mail OT responses only
Scott

In article >,
"fgphotog" > wrote:

> we never drink straight expresso, only drip and the occasional latte or
> cappuccino when we're out - we cant spend big bucks on a great expresso
> machine
> so........could a moka pot be purchased & considered 'the poor man's
> expresso machine" for the purpose of lattes and cappuccinos ?
>
> and I guess we'd have to have a way to froth the milk - we do have a little
> stainless steel pitcher with a plunge/press pot type thingy that fits within
> to do it with
>
> recipes?

Espresso, not expresso. Moka pots cannot make espresso, since they
cannot reach anywhere close to the necessary pressure. They can make
good, strong coffee, but it's not espresso. There are some moka pots
with integrated steam wands, which can do a basic job of frothing.

please mail OT responses only
news.cybertrails.com

this is a training. Enjoy your coffee.
"Scott" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "fgphotog" > wrote:
>
> > we never drink straight expresso, only drip and the occasional latte or
> > cappuccino when we're out - we cant spend big bucks on a great expresso
> > machine
> > so........could a moka pot be purchased & considered 'the poor man's
> > expresso machine" for the purpose of lattes and cappuccinos ?
> >
> > and I guess we'd have to have a way to froth the milk - we do have a

little
> > stainless steel pitcher with a plunge/press pot type thingy that fits

within
> > to do it with
> >
> > recipes?

> Espresso, not expresso. Moka pots cannot make espresso, since they
> cannot reach anywhere close to the necessary pressure. They can make
> good, strong coffee, but it's not espresso. There are some moka pots
> with integrated steam wands, which can do a basic job of frothing.
>
> --
> to respond, change "spamless.invalid" with "optonline.net"
> please mail OT responses only

news.cybertrails.com