Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default Help - Rancilio Silvia wont pump

I have my machine on a timer that turns it on an hour before I get up
in the morning so that it is ready to make espresso before I go to
work. Last night I must have accidentally hit the pump button by
mistake before I went to bed. I awoke the next morning hearing the
pump running while I was in bed. By the time I got downstairs and shut
off the pump, all of the water had been expelled and the tank was dry.
Now the machine won't pump. The boiler seems to be fine as it still
heats up, but the when I turn the pump button on all I get is a loud
noise from the pump but with no water pumping out. The steam/hot water
wand also does not work. Could it be the pump is fried or could the
solenoid valve be shot? It's still under warranty though I doubt it
will be covered because of the circumstances. Anyone have an idea of
what could be wrong or what I should do? I would appreciate any and
all help and suggestions.

my wine wont start Paul Winemaking 15 25-01-2007 03:45 PM
New 'pid' kit avail for Gaggia or Rancilio, etc. -- $125.00 edna713 Coffee 0 31-12-2006 02:04 AM
NEW COMPUTER TEMP CONTROLLED RANCILIO SILVIA ESPRESSO edna713 Coffee 0 14-10-2006 04:10 PM
FS: Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine [email protected] Marketplace 0 19-11-2005 09:04 AM
Using Silvia as a coffeemaker? [email protected] Coffee 0 05-05-2005 08:15 PM