Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Default Grinding beans

I keep my beans in the freezer, which I believe is recommended, and
grind each packet as and when needed.

Is it best if I grind them direct from the freezer, leave them to
defrost before grinding or doesn't it matter much?

Thanks
--
Ian

The From address is valid - for the moment
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

In article >,
Ian B > wrote:

> I keep my beans in the freezer, which I believe is recommended, and
> grind each packet as and when needed.
>
> Is it best if I grind them direct from the freezer, leave them to
> defrost before grinding or doesn't it matter much?

If you're not re-freezing any, it doesn't matter. The only issue would
have been of moisture condensed on the remaining beans (because of the
cold) before being replaced in the freezer.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "verizon.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:25:19 GMT, Scott >
wrote:

>If you're not re-freezing any, it doesn't matter.

OK, thanks. I just had this vision of frozen beans shattering to dust
when they were ground, as opposed to room temperature beans that would
shatter more gently, if you see what I mean :-)
--
Ian

The From address is valid - for the moment
Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee

Ian B wrote:
> I keep my beans in the freezer, which I believe is recommended, and
> grind each packet as and when needed.
>
> Is it best if I grind them direct from the freezer, leave them to
> defrost before grinding or doesn't it matter much?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Ian
>
> The From address is valid - for the moment

I would take them out ahead of time leave them sealed in the bag and
let them come to room temp. Opening the bag before they reach room
temperature will add frost and water to the beans and that will degrade
the flavor. I would defrost 2 or 3 days supply at a time
Ive found some great beans at www.ccmcoffee.com check them out