Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default What is this long lost chocolate?

I know it was around in the 80's but I don't remember seeing it after
that.

Does anyone remember those chocolate covered peanut butter candies that
were in the shape of a peanut? They might've even been individually
wrapped. I can't remember. My brother said something about it, and
geez now I'm craving them too.

It was just a peanut shaped chocolate shell filled with peanut butter.
Yum, yum.

Unfortunately, just going out and buying a Reese cup doesn't quite do
it for me. It's a nastalgia thing, and I have to have that one, or not
at all!! lol

Thanks,
Jason

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On 24 Apr 2006 12:53:53 -0700, wrote:

>I know it was around in the 80's but I don't remember seeing it after
>that.
>
>Does anyone remember those chocolate covered peanut butter candies that
>were in the shape of a peanut? They might've even been individually
>wrapped. I can't remember. My brother said something about it, and
>geez now I'm craving them too.
>
>It was just a peanut shaped chocolate shell filled with peanut butter.
>Yum, yum.

I think I sort of remember them.

But now I am thinking about a couple of quality chocolates that I have
had and haven't seen in years.
I used to swap with my cousin in Oregon. I would send her my homemade
dipped fruit cordials, and a goody a local choclates shop used to make
(a chocolate dipped almond wrapped in fondant, allowed to dry to rock
hard, and then enrobed. dark chocolate all the way). She would send
me chocolate picked up in her travels, anything from a box of Cable
Car to a one pound solid block she picked up in South America.

Twice she sent me things that I would love to find again. Forgive my
spelling.

Corne de la Toison d'Or
I think these are the chocolates god's mom made for her fancy soirees.
The kind of chocolates where you want to put each individual one on a
dessert plate to serve them.

Food of the Gods
And it is!
I think she got this from one of the countries in South America.

The first are chocolates, the second is choclate.

If anbody has seen either of these two online, do please sing out!
I've had no luck google searching for them, but sometimes I'm just not
very good at that.

NightMist
still lurking about

--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Raindrop wrote:

> Try here and see if you can ind it.
> http://www.sweetwrapper.fantik.com/

Or here
http://www.mikescandywrappers.com/candymain.html

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

NightMist wrote:
> On 24 Apr 2006 12:53:53 -0700, wrote:
>

> Twice she sent me things that I would love to find again. Forgive my
> spelling.
>
> Corne de la Toison d'Or
> I think these are the chocolates god's mom made for her fancy soirees.
> The kind of chocolates where you want to put each individual one on a
> dessert plate to serve them.

This article from Bon Apetite mentions Corne de la Toison d'Or as a
Belgian chocolatier

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ee11021997.htm