Snowfeet1

Default Chocolate Popcorn

Does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate popcorn? thanks.
Joan

Chocolate Caramel-Nut Popcorn
24 cups popped popcorn
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
2/3 cup water
6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Spread popcorn in 2 large, deep roasting pans. Bring sugar, corn
syrups and water to boil in 4-quart saucepan. Add butter and cook, stirring
occasionally, until a candy thermometer registers 300 degrees F to 310
degrees F. When mixture forms hard, brittle threads, it's ready. Remove from
heat. Carefully stir in salt, baking soda and vanilla extract. Because the
candy is very hot, the vanilla extract will spatter and the mixture will
foam. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat. Let cool. Store airtight.

Up to 2 days before giving, break up large chunks, spread coated
popcorn on two cookie sheets. Melt chocolate chips according to package
directions. Drizzle over popcorn and, before chocolate hardens, sprinkle
with almonds. Let stand at room temperature until chocolate hardens. Store
airtight.

Chocolate Cream Popcorn
2 quarts popped corn
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup chocolate pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Lightly grease large bowl, and place the popped corn in it.

In saucepan, mix sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. Cook over moderate
heat to 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Add butter; when it is melted;
add chocolate. Stir in vanilla extract. Slowly pour hot syrup over popped
corn, stirring constantly with two forks. Continue stirring until corn is
coated and syrup loses its gloss. When mixture is cool; store in tightly
covered containers.

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in
message ...
> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On 01 Jun 2004 01:00:26 GMT, (Snowfeet1) wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate popcorn? thanks.

> Not while I'm alive, no.
>
> --
> Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
> <davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
> "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
> chocolate."
> --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)

Which are the best POPCORN in USA? Karnaugh General Cooking 0 22-04-2010 01:15 AM
That buttery aroma might be toxic, too: Common chemical in popcorn at center of concern [Scout popcorn OK] Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 0 06-09-2007 10:52 PM
Popcorn Terry General Cooking 15 15-10-2006 10:53 PM
Popcorn Readstown Library General Cooking 4 30-12-2004 06:24 AM
Popcorn, chocolate, eggs answer TOM KAN PA General Cooking 4 07-02-2004 09:24 PM