Mark Thorson

Default Sinsation and Revolation Temperers

I've been interested recently in temperers, especially
used machines, and I'm wondering how different the
Sinsation and Revolation product lines are. Do they
share parts compatibility for the bowl, baffle, etc.?
What major differences are there between models?

So far, no response has been received from e-mail
to the manufacturer, Chocovision. (Not a promising
sign.)

Based on what I've been able to gather, Sin 1 and
Rev 1 just have three fixed temperature ranges.
Sin 2 and Rev 2 appear to be programmable
to whatever temperature you want. Other than that,
the only difference seems to be about $100.

I don't know why there is so little information available
on the Sinsation series of devices. A Google search
just get hits on certain goops used for pornographic
purposes, so I suppose there might have been a
trademark dispute or an unwholesome image to shake
which resulted in the rebranding of the product.