Bob Hayden

Default Fannie May Chocolates ID Guide?

Hi all,

I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to pick
some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM catalogs
and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my old
childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I was
wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could post
and share.

Thanks...long live Fannie May...at least in the hearts if not the taste buds
of all Chicagoans!

Brent P

In article > , Bob Hayden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to pick
> some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM catalogs
> and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my old
> childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I was
> wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could post
> and share.

You don't have the candies you like memorized? And if you like them
all why does it matter?

Jim Polaski

In article > ,
"Bob Hayden" > wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to pick
> some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM catalogs
> and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my old
> childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I was
> wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could post
> and share.
>
> Thanks...long live Fannie May...at least in the hearts if not the taste buds
> of all Chicagoans!

Do they have a website still up?

--
Jim Polaski
"The measure of a man is what he will do
Bob Hayden

Nah, the website is just a thanks for the memories thing...

"Jim Polaski" > wrote in message
> In article > ,
> "Bob Hayden" > wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to

pick
> > some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM

catalogs
> > and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my

old
> > childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I

was
> > wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could

post
> > and share.
> >
> > Thanks...long live Fannie May...at least in the hearts if not the taste

buds
> > of all Chicagoans!

> Do they have a website still up?
>
> --
> Jim Polaski
> "The measure of a man is what he will do
> knowing he will get nothing in return."

Bob Hayden

wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to

pick
> > some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM

catalogs
> > and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my

old
> > childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I

was
> > wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could

post
> > and share.

> You don't have the candies you like memorized? And if you like them
> all why does it matter?

I wish I did...but I am notoriously picky and couldn't find a box of vanilla
creams to save my soul so I am dealing with assortments. I know which ones
are the vanilla creams but I wanna know what all the other ones are!

frood

I like the poke the finger in the bottom method myself. ;-)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Bob Hayden" > wrote in message
m...

> "Brent P" > wrote in message
> > In article > , Bob Hayden

> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to

> pick
> > > some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM

> catalogs
> > > and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my

> old
> > > childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I

> was
> > > wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they

could
> post
> > > and share.

> > You don't have the candies you like memorized? And if you like them
> > all why does it matter?

> I wish I did...but I am notoriously picky and couldn't find a box of

vanilla
> creams to save my soul so I am dealing with assortments. I know which ones
> are the vanilla creams but I wanna know what all the other ones are!

Jim Polaski

In article > ,
"Bob Hayden" > wrote:

> Nah, the website is just a thanks for the memories thing...
>
> "Jim Polaski" > wrote in message
> > In article > ,
> > "Bob Hayden" > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to

> pick
> > > some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM

> catalogs
> > > and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my

> old
> > > childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I

> was
> > > wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could

> post
> > > and share.
> > >
> > > Thanks...long live Fannie May...at least in the hearts if not the taste

> buds
> > > of all Chicagoans!

> > Do they have a website still up?
> >
> > --
> > Jim Polaski
> > "The measure of a man is what he will do
> > knowing he will get nothing in return."

Too bad its not stored on Google.

--
Jim Polaski
"The measure of a man is what he will do
knowing he will get nothing in return."
Jamie Emermann

In article > ,
Bob Hayden > wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to pick
>some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM catalogs
>and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my old
>childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I was
>wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could post
>and share.

Use a toothpick.

Jamie

--
Books. Cats. Life is good.

Bruce Esquibel

Bob Hayden ) wrote:
: Hi all,

: I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to pick
: some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM catalogs
: and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my old
: childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I was
: wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could post
: and share.

: Thanks...long live Fannie May...at least in the hearts if not the taste buds
: of all Chicagoans!

Police Officer: 'Ello.
Mr. Hilton: 'Ello.
PO: Mr. Hilton?
H: Yes.
PO: You are the sole proprieter and owner of the Wizzo Chocolate
Company?
H: I am, yes.
PO: Counstable Clitoris and I are from the agent(?) squad, and we
would like to have a word with you about your box of chocolates
entitled the Wizzo Quality Assortment.
H: Oh yes.
PO: If I may begin at the beginning. First, there is the cherry
fondue. Now this is extremely nasty, but we can't prosecute you
for that.
H: Agreed.
PO: Then we have number four, number four: crunchy frog.
H: Yes.
PO: Am I right is thinking there's a real frog in here?
H: Yes a little one.
PO: What sort of frog?
H: A dead frog.
PO: Is it cooked?
H: No.
PO: A raw frog??
H: Oh we use only the finest baby frogs. Due picked and flown from
Iraq. Cleansed in the finest quality spring water. Lightly
killed, and sealed in a succulent swiss quintuple smooth treble
milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose.
PO: That's as may be, but it's still a frog!
H: What else?
PO: Well, don't you even take the bones out?
H: If we took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it.
PO: Counstable Clitoris 'et one of those.
Clitoris: Would you excuse me a moment sir?
PO: We have to protect the public! People aren't going to think
there's a real frog in chocolate. Counstable Clitoris thought it
was an almond whirl. They're bound to think it's some sort of
mock frog.
H: (outraged) Mock frog?! We use no artificial additives or
preservatives of any kind.
PO: Never-the-less, I advise you in future to replace the words
"Crunchy Frog" with the legend "Crunchy Raw Unboned Real Dead
Frog" if you want to avoid prosecution.
H: Well, what about our sales?
PO: **** your sales. We've got to protect the public! Now what about
this one: number five, it was number five wasn't it. Number five:
Rams Bladder Cup. Now what kind of confection is that?
H: We use only the finest juicy chunks of fresh cornish rams bladder.
Emptied, steamed, flavored with sesame seeds, whipped into a
fondue, and garnished with lark's vomit.
PO: Lark's vomit!
H: Correct.
PO: In doesn't say anything here about lark's vomit.
H: It does, at the bottom of the label, after monosodium glutamate.
PO: I hardly think that's good enough!B I think it would be more
appropriate if the box bore a big red label warning lark's vomit.
H: Our sales would plummet!
PO: Well why don't you move into more conventional areas of
confectionary! Like praline or lime cream, a very popular flavor
I'm led to understand. Or rassberry light. And then what's this
one, what's this one. 'Ere we are. Cockroach cluster. Anthrax
ripple. (sound of vommiting in the background)
Narrator: For those of you listening at home, the young counstable
has just thrown up into his helmet. This is the longest
continuous vomit seen on Broadway since John Barrymore puked over
Niotes in the second act Hamlet, in 1941.
PO: And what is this one. Spring suprise.
H: Ah, that's one of our specialalities. Covered in dark velvety
chocolate, when you pop it into your mouth stainless steel bolts
spring out and plunge through both cheeks.
PO: Well, where's the pleasure in that? If people pop a nice little
chocolate in their mouths, they don't expect to get their cheeks
pierced. In any case, it is an inadequate description of the
sweetmeat. I shall have to ask you to accompany me to the station.
H: It's a fair cop.
PO: And don't talk to the audience.

--

***** This was posted with the express permission of *****
** HIS HIGHNESS ADAM H KERMAN LORD AND MASTER OF USENET **

Cymru Llewes

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:03:29 +0000, Jim Polaski wrote:
<followup only to rec.food.chocolate>

> Too bad its not stored on Google.
>
> --
> Jim Polaski
> "The measure of a man is what he will do
> knowing he will get nothing in return."

www.archive.org The Wayback Machine probably has it cached. You'll just
have to pick a date far enough back.

--
Cymru Llewes
Caer Llewys
Brian Anderson

Bob Hayden wrote:

> I don't want to use my old
> childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece

That was YOU? They sent me to my room for that!

BJ

Dickhead Daley's high taxes and cost of doing business is taking its toll.

"Bob Hayden" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm saddened by the closing of Fannie May but luckily mom was able to pick
> some up for me and send it to me. Unfortunately, I had tossed my FM

catalogs
> and no longer no what piece is whch...and since I don't want to use my old
> childhood trick of sticking the finger in the bottom of each piece, I was
> wondering if anyone has one of the FM picture ID guides that they could

post
> and share.
>
> Thanks...long live Fannie May...at least in the hearts if not the taste

buds
> of all Chicagoans!

Fannie's Last Supper ItsJoanNotJoann General Cooking 1 21-11-2011 12:15 AM
Fannie Mae Caramels Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 26-05-2006 08:46 PM
Guide Du Fromage cheese guide FA JaneyP General Cooking 0 29-01-2006 01:53 AM
Anti-Fannie aem General Cooking 23 05-04-2005 09:44 PM
Fannie Mae closing? JimL Chocolate 1 06-01-2004 07:32 AM