Default Callebaut Chocolate Question

Hi,

A while ago I bought a chuck of Callebaut semi-sweet chocolate from
Whole Foods. The label said it was 51.5% cocoa. Well, I recently
finished that piece and I've been looking for more on the web. (I've
moved since then, I'm no longer anywhere near a Whole Foods...)

What I'm confused about is, on the web it Callebaut semi-sweet is
listed as 54% cocoa. Do they have more than one semi-sweet chocolate?
Or would we guess that those are the same and one of the stores
mis-labeled it?
Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
Anastasia

Dee Randall

I just bought a chunk of Callebaut Belgian Semi-Sweet Chocolate from Whole
Foods, Vienna, VA. It stated "51.8%."
IMO I would think nothing about ordering the 54%. I don't know, but perhaps
each large batch might be different, and because of certain FDA regulations
they have to be exact; just a thought.
Dee Dee

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> A while ago I bought a chuck of Callebaut semi-sweet chocolate from
> Whole Foods. The label said it was 51.5% cocoa. Well, I recently
> finished that piece and I've been looking for more on the web. (I've
> moved since then, I'm no longer anywhere near a Whole Foods...)
>
> What I'm confused about is, on the web it Callebaut semi-sweet is
> listed as 54% cocoa. Do they have more than one semi-sweet chocolate?
> Or would we guess that those are the same and one of the stores
> mis-labeled it?
> Anyone got any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
> Anastasia

Thanks for all the help! I think I'll look for the 835-NV

Anastasia

YUM! Callebaut To Introduce Chocolate With Live Bacterial Spores Mark Thorson Chocolate 0 21-11-2007 07:38 PM
World's best chocolate - Barry Callebaut Chocolate machines General Cooking 0 12-02-2007 02:26 PM
For Sale: Callebaut Chocolate [email protected] Chocolate 5 14-12-2006 03:34 PM
callebaut Scott Chocolate 2 15-02-2004 01:41 PM
Chocolate........=> Barry Callebaut Marc Cautaerts Chocolate 0 11-10-2003 09:58 AM