The Holdermans

Default recipe for pina colada truffles

Wow not much activity on this newsgroup.

Maybe I can help. I experimented with a new recipe for what I call Pina
Colada truffles. They were delicious!

This was an experiment so it was a small batch.

1/2 pound white chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup flaked coconut
1/4 cup of chopped, dried pineapple (1 ring in the store)
2 tablespoons of dark rum

Chop the pineapple into fine pieces. Put it into a cup and add the rum.
Let soak for a few hours so the pineapple absorbs as much of the rum as
possible.
Make a genache with the white chocolate, heavy cream and vanilla
extract. (you know...melt the chocolate and add the cream and extract.)
add coconut and macerated pineapple.

Roll in balls and dip in white chocolate. Garnish each ball with a
couple of pieces of coconut while they are still wet.

I used callebaut. I recommend using the best chocolate you can afford
(and it better not be Hersheys!).

I encourage all of you to share ur recipes.

Thank you.

Herschel Holderman