Joel K. 'Jay' Furr

Default Chocolate

"Cornhuskeress" > wrote in news:rUaMd.11
:

> Hershey's Special Dark >>>> all others
>
> ~~Geri~~
> (Sanctimonious Cornhusker Beeyotch)

There's a LOT better dark chocolate out there than that chalky stuff
Hershey sells under the name "Special Dark".

--
(__) (__) (__) (__)(__) (__) (__)(__)(__) (__)
(oo(__)oo) (__)o) (oo)((__)(__)oo) (__)(o(__)o)(__)o)(__)
Cornhuskeress

Joel K. 'Jay' Furr wrote:
> "Cornhuskeress" > wrote in
> news:rUaMd.11 :
>
>> Hershey's Special Dark >>>> all others
>>
>> ~~Geri~~
>> (Sanctimonious Cornhusker Beeyotch)

> There's a LOT better dark chocolate out there than that chalky stuff
> Hershey sells under the name "Special Dark".

For ice cream? What? (It is getting to be ice cream making season again
here before too long.)

~~Geri~~
(Sanctimonious Cornhusker Beeyotch)

"I hate my hat!"

Joel K. 'Jay' Furr

"Cornhuskeress" > wrote in
:

> For ice cream? What? (It is getting to be ice cream making season
> again here before too long.)

It never stops being ice cream making season here in Vermont. For some
reason, cold weather states eat a lot more of it than warm weather states
-- that's why Ben and Jerry started out here.

I've been known to use the semi-sweet Ghiardelli baking chocolate in my ice
cream. I get it real cold in the freezer then I smash it with a big-ass
mallet. The chocolate, that is.

--
(__) (__) (__) (__)(__) (__) (__)(__)(__) (__)
(oo(__)oo) (__)o) (oo)((__)(__)oo) (__)(o(__)o)(__)o)(__)
Bryan S. Slick

[Joel K. 'Jay' Furr )]
[Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:12:37 -0000]

:I've been known to use the semi-sweet Ghiardelli baking chocolate in my ice
:cream. I get it real cold in the freezer then I smash it with a big-ass
:mallet. The chocolate, that is.

Oh, yeah.. well duh.

Comparing Hershey's to Ghiradelli is like comparing a Ford Mustang to a
Dodge Viper. They both do what they're supposed to do, for the money,
etc.. but obviously the Viper's going to do it better, faster, etc.

Okay, poor analogy.. but I'm distracted since you mentioned the G-word.

Yum.

--
Bryan S. Slick, onyx_hokie at yahoo dot com

"There ain't nothing wrong a few cold beers can't iron out
in fact, you tell me just when and where, and I'll buy the first round"

[Terri Clark, "I Think The World Needs a Drink"]
Ed Kim

Bryan S. Slick wrote:
> [Joel K. 'Jay' Furr )]
> [Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:12:37 -0000]
>
> :I've been known to use the semi-sweet Ghiardelli baking chocolate in

my ice
> :cream. I get it real cold in the freezer then I smash it with a

big-ass
> :mallet. The chocolate, that is.
>
> Oh, yeah.. well duh.
>
> Comparing Hershey's to Ghiradelli is like comparing a Ford Mustang to

> Dodge Viper. They both do what they're supposed to do, for the

money,
> etc.. but obviously the Viper's going to do it better, faster, etc.
>
> Okay, poor analogy.. but I'm distracted since you mentioned the

G-word.

> Yum.

Ghirardelli is ok, but really, you should try Callebaut or Michel
Cluizel.

-goro-

alanac

I HAVE NEVER TRIES THAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE IS IT NICE?
BR

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:25:32 -0600, wrote:

> They are very good.
>
> For my daily (translate: inexpensive) chocolate dose, one of the things
> I like is Guittard dark chocolate chips.
>
> Wonderful mouth feel, flavor, and all that.

Keep this up, and we'll have to cross-post this to sci.med.dentistry.
Dennis

BR > You're digging it round, when it aughta Be
SQUARE

>On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:25:32 -0600, wrote:
>
>> They are very good.
>>
>> For my daily (translate: inexpensive) chocolate dose, one of the things
>> I like is Guittard dark chocolate chips.
>>
>> Wonderful mouth feel, flavor, and all that.

>Keep this up, and we'll have to cross-post this to sci.med.dentistry.

actually there was a study that contended that chocolate was actually
good for your teeth...

----
"I'd rather take a hit in the mouth than throw a pick," Kyle Orton
"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant
"people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld
"If we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux
"the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" -- Me
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
Frisbee®

Dennis wrote:
> BR > You're digging it round, when it aughta Be
> SQUARE
>
>> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:25:32 -0600, wrote:
>>
>>> They are very good.
>>>
>>> For my daily (translate: inexpensive) chocolate dose, one of the
>>> things I like is Guittard dark chocolate chips.
>>>
>>> Wonderful mouth feel, flavor, and all that.

>> Keep this up, and we'll have to cross-post this to sci.med.dentistry.

> actually there was a study that contended that chocolate was actually
> good for your teeth...

No doubt sponsored or conducted by Hershey or Nestle.

mcdruid

There was at least one study that showed that chocolate inhibited the
growth of decay causing bacteria.

On the other hand, sugar is bad for the teeth. So I try to always have
some chocolate with my sugar.