Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default Quetzalcoatl chocolate

Bought a E.Guittard bar of about 3.5 ounces
last week, and this is an excellent blended chocolate
72% cocoa mass. I subsist on Trader Joe´s 72% cocoa
solids bar in the Pound Plus version.
The E. Guittard bar is about 5 times the
price of the TJ´s and if I was very well off I would
switch to the Guittard bars.
The Guittard bar is much smoother than the
Trader Joe´s product which can sometimes seem as
though the cocoa beans were over-roasted.
Both are blended chocolate but the Quetzalcoatl
bar specifies its beans were grown in the ¨Ring of
Fire" countries near the Equator, Anillo del Fuego
Blended chocolates says Gary Guittard.

E.Guittard was founded in San Francisco
about 1868 and since has moved south on the
San Francisco Penisula, to the city of Burlingame,

As with most fine things, chocolate has its season. There
is a simple memory aid that you can use to determine whether it is
the correct time to order chocolate dishes: any month whose name
contains the letter A, E, or U is the proper time for chocolate.
-Sandra Boynton,

The time for chocolate: you have chocolate and are awake!
IF you don't have chocolate pull on your clothes and go get some!
__Chocolate: The Consuming Passion

later
bliss - Cocoa Powered (bliss-sf4ever at dslextreme dot com)

--
b.sellers - retired nurse in San Francisco

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cacao that the thoughts acquire speed,
the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion.
--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste