Jake Patterson

Default Cat Tongues and other novelties

I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
"ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
"oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"

And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
them before play along... great fun.

Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
is of similar quality? A friend tried to turn me on to Kinder Suprise
eggs, and while they do have the extremely cool toy inside, I found
myself quite disappointed with the chocolate. Oh well.
Geoffrey Bard

Check out Max Brenner's line of chocolates
(http://www.chocosphere.com/Html/Prod...axbrenner.html). I bought the
Chicao Tin and liked them so much, I bought them for my mom for her
birthday. Expensive, but a real treat.

This is about as close to "novelty chocolate" as I can think of beyond
Galler's Cat Tongues.

"Jake Patterson" > wrote in message
> I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
> at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
> "ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
> "oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"
>
> And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
> newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
> them before play along... great fun.
>
> Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
> unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
> unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
> is of similar quality? A friend tried to turn me on to Kinder Suprise
> eggs, and while they do have the extremely cool toy inside, I found
> myself quite disappointed with the chocolate. Oh well.

Geoffrey Bard

Check out Max Brenner's line of chocolates
(http://www.chocosphere.com/Html/Prod...axbrenner.html). I bought the
Chicao Tin and liked them so much, I bought them for my mom for her
birthday. Expensive, but a real treat.

This is about as close to "novelty chocolate" as I can think of beyond
Galler's Cat Tongues.

"Jake Patterson" > wrote in message
> I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
> at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
> "ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
> "oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"
>
> And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
> newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
> them before play along... great fun.
>
> Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
> unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
> unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
> is of similar quality? A friend tried to turn me on to Kinder Suprise
> eggs, and while they do have the extremely cool toy inside, I found
> myself quite disappointed with the chocolate. Oh well.

Geoffrey Bard

Check out Max Brenner's line of chocolates
(http://www.chocosphere.com/Html/Prod...axbrenner.html). I bought the
Chicao Tin and liked them so much, I bought them for my mom for her
birthday. Expensive, but a real treat.

This is about as close to "novelty chocolate" as I can think of beyond
Galler's Cat Tongues.

"Jake Patterson" > wrote in message
> I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
> at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
> "ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
> "oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"
>
> And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
> newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
> them before play along... great fun.
>
> Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
> unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
> unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
> is of similar quality? A friend tried to turn me on to Kinder Suprise
> eggs, and while they do have the extremely cool toy inside, I found
> myself quite disappointed with the chocolate. Oh well.

Alex Rast

at Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:07:34 GMT in >,
(Jake Patterson) wrote :

>I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
>at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
>"ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
>"oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"
>
>And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
>newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
>them before play along... great fun.
>
>Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
>unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
>unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
>is of similar quality?

Dilettante's Chocolate Salmon (http:
www.dilettante.com) is perhaps the
ultimate chocolate novelty. First, it's seriously hefty for serious
chocolate eaters (12 oz!). Second, it's all quality Guittard dark
chocolate. They also play along with the novelty theme by putting it in a
wooden box like a smoked salmon.

At Easter they also have *dark* chocolate Easter eggs (the foil-wrapped
variety. Everybody loves these.

Fran's (http://www.franschocolates.com) at Easter sells solid dark
chocolate bunnies, in 2 and 4 oz sizes. Made from pure El Rey chocolate, in
this case.

Valrhona has Fantasies de Chocolat - various novelty-shaped pieces. Get
them from http://www.chocosphere.com.

So the dark chocolate novelty category (I assume, btw, that you're looking
for solid chocolate, not filled chocolates) isn't a one-horse race.

--
Alex Rast

Alex Rast

(Jake Patterson) wrote :

>I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
>at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
>"ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
>"oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"
>
>And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
>newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
>them before play along... great fun.
>
>Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
>unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
>unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
>is of similar quality?

Dilettante's Chocolate Salmon (http:
www.dilettante.com) is perhaps the
ultimate chocolate novelty. First, it's seriously hefty for serious
chocolate eaters (12 oz!). Second, it's all quality Guittard dark
chocolate. They also play along with the novelty theme by putting it in a
wooden box like a smoked salmon.

At Easter they also have *dark* chocolate Easter eggs (the foil-wrapped
variety. Everybody loves these.

Fran's (http://www.franschocolates.com) at Easter sells solid dark
chocolate bunnies, in 2 and 4 oz sizes. Made from pure El Rey chocolate, in
this case.

Valrhona has Fantasies de Chocolat - various novelty-shaped pieces. Get
them from http://www.chocosphere.com.

So the dark chocolate novelty category (I assume, btw, that you're looking
for solid chocolate, not filled chocolates) isn't a one-horse race.

--
Alex Rast

Ali

I haven't tasted this, but there's a company that makes "candy sushi"
http://www.kookisushi.com/ that's quite attractive, but no telling if the
chocolate's good. They do have a way with presentation, though.

Ali

"Jake Patterson" > wrote in message
> I love the Galler Cat Tongues, especially when the sign up sheet goes up
> at the office for the pot luck, I just write "Cat Tongues" and people go
> "ewww cat tongues!?" and then when they finally try them, they are like,
> "oh, cat tongues, and it is really good chocolate!"
>
> And then, a year later, when I write "Cat Tongues" on the sheet, the
> newbies are like "ewww cat tongues!?" and all of the folks who have had
> them before play along... great fun.
>
> Anyway, as far as chocolate novelties go, Langues de Chat seem to be
> unique in that they are made of really good dark chocolate. At least
> unique in the ones I have seen. Anyone know of another novelty item that
> is of similar quality? A friend tried to turn me on to Kinder Suprise
> eggs, and while they do have the extremely cool toy inside, I found
> myself quite disappointed with the chocolate. Oh well.

Ali