Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Default RISOTTO AL CIOCCOLATO

I found this recipe at www.foodtv.ca

Yield:4

• 2 tbsp unsalted butter (30ml)
• 4.4 oz arborio rice (125g)
• 4 cups of milk (950ml)
• 2 tbsp sugar (30ml)
• 1 1/2 cups of bitter sweet chocolate, finely grated
• Walnuts for sprinkling, quartered

Directions:
1. Similar to a regular risotto process, melt unsalted butter into a
hot pan and add rice. Stir for about a minute or until rice is
translucent. Pour a cup of milk into the pan and let it reduce. Add
sugar and stir continuously. As the milk evaporates, add 1/2 a cup of
milk to the rice and continue stirring. Repeat this process until rice
is at the ‘al dente’ stage.
2. Add chocolate to the rice and stir until chocolate has melted and
the milk has reduced to a creamy consistency.
3. Serve dessert immediately in cups and finish with a sprinkle of
walnuts on top.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Nicky Cottee wrote:

> I found this recipe at www.foodtv.ca

Yes, but did you try it? Anyone can google any number
of recipes. No need to post anything that anybody else
can find just as easily.

On the other hand, if you made it yourself, you can tell
us if anything went wrong. Could the instructions have
been improved or more clear? Would you change the recipe
in any way to make it better?

Just copying and posting a recipe you haven't tried
doesn't contribute anything to this newsgroup.
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

I have had this recipe in my database for years. The only reason I
mentioned the website was that I thought I should give credit where
credit is due. I have been sharing some of my favorite recipes
lately, but if that isn't welcome, I understand and won't post here
any more.

Nicky

On Apr 2, 9:01*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Nicky Cottee wrote:
>
> > I found this recipe atwww.foodtv.ca

> Yes, but did you try it? *Anyone can google any number
> of recipes. *No need to post anything that anybody else
> can find just as easily.
>
> On the other hand, if you made it yourself, you can tell
> us if anything went wrong. *Could the instructions have
> been improved or more clear? *Would you change the recipe
> in any way to make it better?
>
> Just copying and posting a recipe you haven't tried
> doesn't contribute anything to this newsgroup.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Nicky Cottee wrote:
> I have had this recipe in my database for years. The only reason I
> mentioned the website was that I thought I should give credit where
> credit is due. I have been sharing some of my favorite recipes
> lately, but if that isn't welcome, I understand and won't post here
> any more.
>
> Nicky

it is certainly ok to post recipes but you haven't
made a direct answer to the previous posters question
as to whether or not you have made the recipe and enjoyed the
result.

> On Apr 2, 9:01 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>> Nicky Cottee wrote:
>>
>>> I found this recipe atwww.foodtv.ca

>> Yes, but did you try it? Anyone can google any number
>> of recipes. No need to post anything that anybody else
>> can find just as easily.
>>
>> On the other hand, if you made it yourself, you can tell
>> us if anything went wrong. Could the instructions have
>> been improved or more clear? Would you change the recipe
>> in any way to make it better?
>>
>> Just copying and posting a recipe you haven't tried
>> doesn't contribute anything to this newsgroup.

later
bliss

--
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cacao that the thoughts acquire speed,
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

On Apr 3, 10:39*am, B Sellers > wrote:

> * * * * it is certainly ok to post recipes but you haven't
> made a direct answer to the previous posters question
> as to whether or not you have made the recipe and enjoyed the
> result.

sorry. I thought that was implied when I said it was one of my
favorites. Yes I have tried it, and I enjoyed it.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

Nicky Cottee wrote:
> On Apr 3, 10:39 am, B Sellers > wrote:
>
>> it is certainly ok to post recipes but you haven't
>> made a direct answer to the previous posters question
>> as to whether or not you have made the recipe and enjoyed the
>> result.
>>

> sorry. I thought that was implied when I said it was one of my
> favorites. Yes I have tried it, and I enjoyed it.

Ah but you didn't say it was a personal favorite until
this post. It sounds good and had lots of chocolate so it might
become a favorite of mine if I can reduce the recipe so that
it will make a couple of servings.

Thanks for the recipe, Nicky.
later
bliss -- cocao powered at sfo dot com.

--
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cacao that the thoughts acquire speed,
the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion.
--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.
Posted to rec.food.chocolate

I found this recipe at www.foodtv.ca

Yield:4

• 2 tbsp unsalted butter (30ml)
• 4.4 oz arborio rice (125g)
• 4 cups of milk (950ml)
• 2 tbsp sugar (30ml)
• 1 1/2 cups of bitter sweet chocolate, finely grated
• Walnuts for sprinkling, quartered

Directions:
1. Similar to a regular risotto process, melt unsalted butter into a
hot pan and add rice. Stir for about a minute or until rice is
translucent. Pour a cup of milk into the pan and let it reduce. Add
sugar and stir continuously. As the milk evaporates, add 1/2 a cup of
milk to the rice and continue stirring. Repeat this process until rice
is at the ‘al dente’ stage.
2. Add chocolate to the rice and stir until chocolate has melted and
the milk has reduced to a creamy consistency.
3. Serve dessert immediately in cups and finish with a sprinkle of
walnuts on top.
~~~~~~~~~
Oh my goodness, I have to try this. Thanks.
Emmy...rice pudding fan
--
http://soonerblue.bloghi.com/