Posted to alt.slack,alt.food.chocolate,rec.food.chocolate,alt.conspiracy

Default Save Our Chocolate

http://dontmesswithourchocolate.guittard.com/

>From Slashdot: ""The US Food and Drug Administration is considering

redefining 'chocolate' to allow substitution of vegetable oil ($0.70/
lb.) for cocoa butter ($2.30/lb.), and whey protein for dry whole
milk. There are already standard terms to differentiate these products
from chocolate, such as 'chocolatey' and 'chocolate-flavored.' The
change was requested by the industry group Chocolate Manufacturers of
America. Leading the resistance to this change is high-end chocolate
maker Guittard, with significant grass-roots support from the
Candyblog. The FDA is taking consumer comments until April
25" (tomorrow).

--
The High Weirdness Project
http://www.modemac.com

Posted to alt.slack,alt.food.chocolate,rec.food.chocolate,alt.conspiracy

On 24 Apr 2007 09:49:50 -0700, Modemac > wrote:

>http://dontmesswithourchocolate.guittard.com/
>
>>From Slashdot: ""The US Food and Drug Administration is considering

>redefining 'chocolate' to allow substitution of vegetable oil ($0.70/
>lb.) for cocoa butter ($2.30/lb.), and whey protein for dry whole
>milk. There are already standard terms to differentiate these products
>from chocolate, such as 'chocolatey' and 'chocolate-flavored.' The
>change was requested by the industry group Chocolate Manufacturers of
>America. Leading the resistance to this change is high-end chocolate
>maker Guittard, with significant grass-roots support from the
>Candyblog. The FDA is taking consumer comments until April
>25" (tomorrow).

buy european...
we own you food-wise, big time.
Posted to alt.slack,alt.food.chocolate,rec.food.chocolate,alt.conspiracy

In article >,
quintal > wrote:

> On 24 Apr 2007 09:49:50 -0700, Modemac > wrote:
>
> >http://dontmesswithourchocolate.guittard.com/
> >
> >>From Slashdot: ""The US Food and Drug Administration is considering

> >redefining 'chocolate' to allow substitution of vegetable oil ($0.70/
> >lb.) for cocoa butter ($2.30/lb.), and whey protein for dry whole
> >milk. There are already standard terms to differentiate these products
> >from chocolate, such as 'chocolatey' and 'chocolate-flavored.' The
> >change was requested by the industry group Chocolate Manufacturers of
> >America. Leading the resistance to this change is high-end chocolate
> >maker Guittard, with significant grass-roots support from the
> >Candyblog. The FDA is taking consumer comments until April
> >25" (tomorrow).

> buy european...
> we own you food-wise, big time.

"We" . . . As if you had something to do with it . . .
Posted to alt.slack,alt.food.chocolate,rec.food.chocolate,alt.conspiracy

Modemac wrote:

> http://dontmesswithourchocolate.guittard.com/
>
> Leading the resistance to this change is high-end chocolate
> maker Guittard, with significant grass-roots support
> from the Candyblog. The FDA is taking consumer comments
> until April 25" (tomorrow).

Thank you, Guittard.