Posted to rec.food.chocolate
JMF JMF is offline

Default Amedei Porcelana

Here's my little contribution, an article from this morning's local paper
("Il Tirreno") here in Pisa, Italy. Here's a rough translation:

Title: Un cioccolato da Guinesss

The title of "best chocolate in the world" had arrived a month ago. Three
products of Amedei, which has its plant at La Rotta, at the doorstep of
Pontedera [about 15 miles from Pisa], have received the Oscar awarded in
London.

Of the "medals" for 2006, which are awarded every year by the London
Chocolate Academy, a total of five were awarded to Amedei: three gold, one
silver, and one bronze.

Among the great chocolates, those belonging to the category "Best bean to
bar dark chocolate," out of five gold medals awarded to producers from all
over the world, three went to the chocolates produced by Amedei: to Chuao,
already crowned in 2005 as the best dark chocolate in the world, to
Porcelana, and to Toscano Black 70%.

Other awards in the same category were a silver medal awarded to "Amedei 9"
and, for the first time, a bronze to the Amedei milk chocolate. It should
also be noted that in this category [milk chocolate] the London academy
awarded neither the gold nor the silver medal this year.

But these aren't the only "awards" for the Pontedera operation that entered
into the Guiness Book of World Records . and not for the quality of its
products. Rather, for their price.

The volume that collects all the world records, in its 2007 edition, just on
the market, recounts that the most expensive chocolate in the world is the
multi-decorated Porcelana of Amedei.

On Page 124 of the enormous volume that collects curiosities and strange
things from around the world, it is explained that "Amedei Porcelana is sold
for 90 dollars in a package of 450 grams." After some calculating, we find
that this means that one kilogram of chocolate costs 200 dollars. That is,
158 Euros per Kilo.

Porcelana is the first chocolate in the world - explains Guiness - that is
"produced from seeds of a single variety of cacao, the Porcelana, white with
porcelain reflections. Amedeit produces about 20 bars of it in a year."

John

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

JMF wrote:
>"Amedeit produces about 20 bars of it in a year."

Here is some mistake.
Amedei produces about 20 000 bars of Amedei Porcelana in a year, in the
world, and every bar have 50g. They produces this special chocolate
from 3500 kg beans of cocoa.
Every bars have oven number. I ate this chocolate and it is
suuuuuuuuuper.It is sentry of this price.
In my shop I have selled 2 bars of this chocolate. One with number
6237, and one with 15679.

M.Ch.

Maciej Chybowski
Small Large Chocolate Shop
Poland, Lodz 90-410,
31 Piotrkowska Street.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate
JMF JMF is offline

You are, of course, absolutely right. The article said "20 thousand" and I
forgot the "thousand" when typing the translation.

It's nice to know it's being sold in Poland!

Greetings,

John

"Fido" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> JMF wrote:
> >"Amedeit produces about 20 bars of it in a year."

> Here is some mistake.
> Amedei produces about 20 000 bars of Amedei Porcelana in a year, in the
> world, and every bar have 50g. They produces this special chocolate
> from 3500 kg beans of cocoa.
> Every bars have oven number. I ate this chocolate and it is
> suuuuuuuuuper.It is sentry of this price.
> In my shop I have selled 2 bars of this chocolate. One with number
> 6237, and one with 15679.
>
> M.Ch.

> Maciej Chybowski
> Small Large Chocolate Shop
> Poland, Lodz 90-410,
> 31 Piotrkowska Street.

Posted to rec.food.chocolate

JMF wrote:

> You are, of course, absolutely right. The article said "20 thousand"
> and I forgot the "thousand" when typing the translation.

Yeah, but imagine if they DID only produce
20 bars per year! How much could they sell
each of those bars for? :-)
Posted to rec.food.chocolate
JMF JMF is offline

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> JMF wrote:
>>
>> You are, of course, absolutely right. The article said "20 thousand"
>> and I forgot the "thousand" when typing the translation.

> Yeah, but imagine if they DID only produce
> 20 bars per year! How much could they sell
> each of those bars for? :-)

:-DDD