Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Douglas W. Hoyt

Default 7 hours at Schiphol: Westvleteren 12?

I've got a 7-hour layover next Tuesday in Amsterdam. Two summers ago I went
to Utrecht. Bert's Bierhuis had a shelf full of all three Westvleterens,
and a few blocks away there was a beer fest where they were actively trying
to talk passersby into spending a few of their tokens to try it.

Last summer, I went back and they (along with the local Belgian-beer pub)
were lamenting that the Westvleteren disappears as soon as they can manage
to get any, because there had been an article or something telling people to
Utrecht to get some (I kick myself).

With a 7 hour layover, is there any other good shot at picking up a few
bottles of the Westvleteren 12 in Holland (or even day-trainable Belgium)
that would be worth a shot (I just got a post from someone on the whisky
group who lives near the German border on the Rhein, and he says that
Westvleteren is available there aplenty--but that is a long way to go
without a specific target!).

Two more hours Paul M. Cook General Cooking 8 02-10-2013 09:47 PM
44 hours Leah Gauthier Marketplace 0 07-12-2012 09:07 PM
24+ hours Dimitri General Cooking 1 12-02-2010 05:15 PM
Brouwerij Westvleteren Reveals a New Beer Sales System J. Alstrom Beer 1 10-06-2006 11:48 PM
Westvleteren FujiGirl Beer 89 23-09-2004 08:22 PM