Tom Wolper

Default Beer Drinkers Against The Mistreatment of Beer

I found this on a banner ad for a website:

http://www.beerdrinkersagainstthemis....com/index.php

There's no mention of a brand in the "about us" section or FAQ. Research in the legal information page shows the site
and campaign to be a product of Unibev. Research on Unibev puts it in Golden, CO. This is the first time I've seen
Unibev as the company name for Coors. Can somebody confirm?

Tom W
Craig Bergren

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:06:16 +0000, Tom Wolper wrote:

> I found this on a banner ad for a website:
>
> http://www.beerdrinkersagainstthemis....com/index.php
>
> There's no mention of a brand in the "about us" section or FAQ. Research
> in the legal information page shows the site and campaign to be a product
> of Unibev. Research on Unibev puts it in Golden, CO. This is the first
> time I've seen Unibev as the company name for Coors. Can somebody confirm?
>
> Tom W

Since the "merger of equals" with Molsen. Yes, they are now Unibev.
Check either of the coors or molsen corporate web sites.

CB

Craig Bergren

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:06:16 +0000, Tom Wolper wrote:

> I found this on a banner ad for a website:
>
> http://www.beerdrinkersagainstthemis....com/index.php
>
> There's no mention of a brand in the "about us" section or FAQ. Research
> in the legal information page shows the site and campaign to be a product
> of Unibev. Research on Unibev puts it in Golden, CO. This is the first
> time I've seen Unibev as the company name for Coors. Can somebody confirm?
>
> Tom W

Since the "merger of equals" with Molsen. Yes, they are now Unibev.
Check either of the coors or molsen corporate web sites.

CB

Steve Moore

Tom Wolper wrote:

> There's no mention of a brand in the "about us" section or FAQ. Research
> in the legal information page shows the site and campaign to be a
> product of Unibev. Research on Unibev puts it in Golden, CO. This is the
> first time I've seen Unibev as the company name for Coors. Can somebody
> confirm?

Unibev is the division of Coors that makes fake imported beers such as
Killian's. They used to make some "Australian" and "Mexican" beers under
license.

Prost,

Steve
Bruce Weaver

Craig Bergren wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:06:16 +0000, Tom Wolper wrote:
>

>>I found this on a banner ad for a website:
>>
>>http://www.beerdrinkersagainstthemis....com/index.php
>>
>>There's no mention of a brand in the "about us" section or FAQ. Research
>>in the legal information page shows the site and campaign to be a product
>>of Unibev. Research on Unibev puts it in Golden, CO. This is the first
>>time I've seen Unibev as the company name for Coors. Can somebody confirm?
>>
>>Tom W

> Since the "merger of equals" with Molsen. Yes, they are now Unibev.
> Check either of the coors or molsen corporate web sites.
>
> CB

You'll have better luck if you look for Molson. (Yes, I am Canadian.)

--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir

Tom Wolper

Steve Moore wrote:
> Tom Wolper wrote:
>
>> Can
>> somebody confirm?

> Unibev is the division of Coors that makes fake imported beers such as
> Killian's. They used to make some "Australian" and "Mexican" beers under
> license.

That's why I asked. A Google search of Unibev turned up references to Killians but not Coors.

The website looks like the marketing campaign is macro vs macro, not fake import vs real import.

Tom W
Tom Wolper

Steve Moore wrote:
> Tom Wolper wrote:
>
>> Can
>> somebody confirm?

> Unibev is the division of Coors that makes fake imported beers such as
> Killian's. They used to make some "Australian" and "Mexican" beers under
> license.

That's why I asked. A Google search of Unibev turned up references to Killians but not Coors.

The website looks like the marketing campaign is macro vs macro, not fake import vs real import.

Tom W
Craig Bergren

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:56:35 +0000, Tom Wolper wrote:

> Steve Moore wrote:
>> Tom Wolper wrote:
>>
>>> Can
>>> somebody confirm?

>> Unibev is the division of Coors that makes fake imported beers such as
>> Killian's. They used to make some "Australian" and "Mexican" beers under
>> license.

It is a stealth label to hide the fact that Coors makes it.

> That's why I asked. A Google search of Unibev turned up references to
> Killians but not Coors.
>
> The website looks like the marketing campaign is macro vs macro, not fake
> import vs real import.
>
> Tom W

http://www.sallys-place.com/beverage...enaissance.htm

This was taken from a review of an article in Advertising Age, a trade
journal for advertising. Prattico is/was the CEO of UniBev, a subsidiary
of Coors.
In the article, Prattico noted the success of the Unibev concept. "Now
we are competing against imports and can walk in to [retailers] as an
expert on imports and specialty brands," he says.

So it appears that they were targeting BOTH imports and craft brewers. So
why should they be any different than SAB/Miller and AB?

Castlemain XXXX - real import
Steinlager - real
George Killian's Irish Red - fake
Blue Moon Belgian White - fake
Memphis Brewing Company - fake micro

CB

Craig Bergren

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:56:35 +0000, Tom Wolper wrote:

> Steve Moore wrote:
>> Tom Wolper wrote:
>>
>>> Can
>>> somebody confirm?

>> Unibev is the division of Coors that makes fake imported beers such as
>> Killian's. They used to make some "Australian" and "Mexican" beers under
>> license.

It is a stealth label to hide the fact that Coors makes it.

> That's why I asked. A Google search of Unibev turned up references to
> Killians but not Coors.
>
> The website looks like the marketing campaign is macro vs macro, not fake
> import vs real import.
>
> Tom W

http://www.sallys-place.com/beverage...enaissance.htm

This was taken from a review of an article in Advertising Age, a trade
journal for advertising. Prattico is/was the CEO of UniBev, a subsidiary
of Coors.
In the article, Prattico noted the success of the Unibev concept. "Now
we are competing against imports and can walk in to [retailers] as an
expert on imports and specialty brands," he says.

So it appears that they were targeting BOTH imports and craft brewers. So
why should they be any different than SAB/Miller and AB?

Castlemain XXXX - real import
Steinlager - real
George Killian's Irish Red - fake
Blue Moon Belgian White - fake