Bill Benzel

Default Brit visiting CA - good beer outlets?

OBrien's in San Diego is a must -- it's at the corner of Convoy and
Opportunity, not too far from downtown -- there are about 20 taps which
usually feature west coast craft brews and a few belgians -- the bottled
beer selection is excellent. It's an enjoyable atmosphere with big,
comfortable chairs and good food although a side trip to just about any of
the asian eateries in walking distance is a good idea -- my personal
recommendations would be Pho Convoy (directly across convoy st. -
Vietnamese) or the Dumpling Inn (across Convoy and about 100 yards south
-- Chinese) -- both are places we go regularly. If I only had time to go
to one bar in San Diego to sample West Coast beers, OBrien's would be it
as they usually have most of the world class award winning beers from
Oggi's, Pizza Port, Alesmith, Russian River, Alpine, etc. on draft.

Bill

Paul Sherwin ) wrote:
: A drinking acquaintance of mine is visiting the US West Coast on a bus
: tour soon, and would like some suggestions as to good beer bars and
: brewpubs to visit. He's a keen and knowledgable drinker of British
: cask beer but doesn't know much about US craft brews. He was surprised
: to learn there'll be lots of good beer to drink! This is one of those
: 'if it's Tuesday it must be San Diego' sort of tours so suggestions
: shouldn't be too far off the beaten track.
:
: His itinerary is
:
: LA
: San Diego
: Tijuana (!)
: Scottsdale
: Flagstaff
: Las Vegas
: Fresno
: SF
:
: All info gratefully received - he's not an internet user so I'll print
: off responses and pass them on.
:
: TIA, Paul
:
: --
: Paul Sherwin Consulting http://paulsherwin.co.uk

--
Bill

reply to sirwill1 AT same domain as above
Slobby Don

Paul Sherwin wrote:
> This is one of those
> 'if it's Tuesday it must be San Diego' sort of tours so suggestions
> shouldn't be too far off the beaten track.
>
> His itinerary is

> San Diego
> Tijuana (!)

This is the only microbrewery I know of the

Cerveceria Tijuana
Tel (664) 638 8662
Fax (664) 684 8287
Blvd. Fundadores #2951, Col. Juarez
http://www.tjbeer.com/

It's also the only TJ brewery involved in the 10th annual San Diego Festival
of Beer on Friday the 24th:

http://www.sdbeerfest.org/ (links to 50 brewers involved)

Martin Wefald

If he is lucky enough to be in San Francisco on October 16, check out the
beer festival on the historic WWII Liberty ship SS Jeremiah O'Brien. They
will have beer from every SF brew pub. See
http://www.geocities.com/jeremiahobr...sonthebay.html
If it's not Oct 16 still check it out. The site has addresses of all SF brew
pubs.
Enjoy!

"Paul Sherwin" > wrote in message
> A drinking acquaintance of mine is visiting the US West Coast on a bus
> tour soon, and would like some suggestions as to good beer bars and
> brewpubs to visit. He's a keen and knowledgable drinker of British
> cask beer but doesn't know much about US craft brews. He was surprised
> to learn there'll be lots of good beer to drink! This is one of those
> 'if it's Tuesday it must be San Diego' sort of tours so suggestions
> shouldn't be too far off the beaten track.
>
> His itinerary is
>
> LA
> San Diego
> Tijuana (!)
> Scottsdale
> Flagstaff
> Las Vegas
> Fresno
> SF
>
> All info gratefully received - he's not an internet user so I'll print
> off responses and pass them on.
>
> TIA, Paul
>
> --
> Paul Sherwin Consulting http://paulsherwin.co.uk

Brit tea stains notbob General Cooking 20 07-07-2016 01:47 AM
2008 cookbook of Brit/European recipes from children's books Lenona General Cooking 0 18-07-2011 11:37 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: 6 Books: BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER, BEER! (Beer Tasting, Logs, Drinking Games, etc.) Mike[_26_] Marketplace 0 07-07-2007 01:18 PM
Brit speak Zspider General Cooking 45 26-11-2004 08:04 AM
Brit visiting CA - good beer outlets? Paul Sherwin Beer 11 23-09-2004 05:05 PM