Camberwellies

Default Australian Beer Additives?

There's a general perception amongst the ex-pats here in Australia
that we get worse hangovers from Aussie beer than we do from European
stuff. Does anyone have any information that might shed some light on
why we seem to get bands of demented dwarves playing football in our
heads the morning after two or three beers?
Joris Pattyn

"Camberwellies" > schreef in bericht
m...
> There's a general perception amongst the ex-pats here in Australia
> that we get worse hangovers from Aussie beer than we do from European
> stuff. Does anyone have any information that might shed some light on
> why we seem to get bands of demented dwarves playing football in our
> heads the morning after two or three beers?

Might it be that, as you have been instructing the admiring world for
decades, that "Aussie" beer that much more powerful than our sissy drinks
from the Northern Hemisphere?
No?

Joris

Joel

Camberwellies > wrote:
>There's a general perception amongst the ex-pats here in Australia
>that we get worse hangovers from Aussie beer than we do from European
>stuff. Does anyone have any information that might shed some light on
>why we seem to get bands of demented dwarves playing football in our
>heads the morning after two or three beers?

It's The Formaldehyde(R).
--
Joel Plutchak "Senza la birra tutto diventa orfano."
plutchak@[...] - Italian proverb (slightly revised)
Oh, Guess

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:55:31 GMT, "Joris Pattyn"
> wrote:

>[...]
>Might it be that, as you have been instructing the admiring world for
>decades, that "Aussie" beer that much more powerful than our sissy drinks
>from the Northern Hemisphere?
>No?

Maybe no, maybe yes. I do know that if you pour Aussie beer down the
drain, it swirls backwards. The beer, I mean. Not the drain.
--

Nobody You Know

Joel

Oh, Guess > wrote:
> wrote:
>>[...]
>>Might it be that, as you have been instructing the admiring world for
>>decades, that "Aussie" beer that much more powerful than our sissy drinks
>>from the Northern Hemisphere?
>>No?

>Maybe no, maybe yes. I do know that if you pour Aussie beer down the
>drain, it swirls backwards. The beer, I mean. Not the drain.

But of course. The beer swirls backward, so the drain
quite clearly is swirling forward. Especially after a
few too many Aussie lagers.
--
Joel Plutchak "Senza la birra tutto diventa orfano."
plutchak@[...] - Italian proverb (slightly revised)

Bob Molony

> It's The Formaldehyde(R).

BS Formaldehyde cannot exist in beer as it reacts rapidly and irrevesibly
with the poly phenols from malt and hops.

BobM

Joel

In article >, Bob Molony > wrote:
>> It's The Formaldehyde(R).

>BS Formaldehyde cannot exist in beer as it reacts rapidly and irrevesibly
>with the poly phenols from malt and hops.

But the revesibilty of formaldehyde and similar compounds is 0.01.
How do you explain that?