dreas

Default New Topvar

I have been drinking Topvar for a good long time now, and it tasted
great consistently. The printing on the can always said 5.2%

About two weeks ago, the beer started tasting like it was missing
something. I paid it little attention until last week when I was looking
at the can and saw a 5.0 where the 5.2 used to be. I did a double-
take. Why was this really good perfectly excellent product changed?
I drink Topvar because it has been the best lager [to my taste] that I
can find, but now it's no better than everyone else's...

I suppose I can always drink Faxe, Tuborg, or Grolsch instead...

-'dreas

Jomar Hønsi

Have you ever tried other great Slovak beers ?

Zlaty Bazant, Kelt, Saris ..

Cheers,
Jomar

See http://www.honsi.org/beer/log/beerlog_SK.html for details on my
consumption
in Slovakia. According to my own rating, Slovak beer is the best in the
countries
I've visited so far.

Cheers,
Jomar

"dreas" > wrote in message
> I have been drinking Topvar for a good long time now, and it tasted
> great consistently. The printing on the can always said 5.2%
>
> About two weeks ago, the beer started tasting like it was missing
> something. I paid it little attention until last week when I was looking
> at the can and saw a 5.0 where the 5.2 used to be. I did a double-
> take. Why was this really good perfectly excellent product changed?
> I drink Topvar because it has been the best lager [to my taste] that I
> can find, but now it's no better than everyone else's...
>
> I suppose I can always drink Faxe, Tuborg, or Grolsch instead...
>
> -'dreas

Randal Chapman

"dreas" > wrote in message news:<iQltc.606134$Ig.331914@pd7tw2no>...
> I have been drinking Topvar for a good long time now, and it tasted
> great consistently. The printing on the can always said 5.2%
>
> About two weeks ago, the beer started tasting like it was missing
> something. I paid it little attention until last week when I was looking
> at the can and saw a 5.0 where the 5.2 used to be. I did a double-
> take. Why was this really good perfectly excellent product changed?
> I drink Topvar because it has been the best lager [to my taste] that I
> can find, but now it's no better than everyone else's...

Dude, if you can taste a .2% difference in alcohol then my hat is off to you!

_Randal
Slobby Don

Randal Chapman wrote:
>> About two weeks ago, the beer started tasting like it was missing
>> something. I paid it little attention until last week when I was looking
>> at the can and saw a 5.0 where the 5.2 used to be. I did a double-
>> take. Why was this really good perfectly excellent product changed?
>> I drink Topvar because it has been the best lager [to my taste] that I
>> can find, but now it's no better than everyone else's...

> Dude, if you can taste a .2% difference in alcohol then my hat is off to
> you!
>
> _Randal

This week I visited Alesmith, a tiny San Diego Microbrewery with a lot of
highly rated beers.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer...p?BrewerID=432

They told me their IPA was 7.5% ABV. "But it says 7.25% on the bottle," I
said. They told me that the law allows a .25% deviation either way and they
would have to change the label if it went any higher.
--
Slobby Don

dreas

"Jomar Hønsi" > wrote in message
> Have you ever tried other great Slovak beers ?
>
> Zlaty Bazant, Kelt, Saris ..

If I could find them locally, I'd try them...

-'dreas

dreas

"Randal Chapman" > wrote in message
om...
> "dreas" > wrote in message

> > I have been drinking Topvar for a good long time now, and it tasted
> > great consistently. The printing on the can always said 5.2%
> >
> > About two weeks ago, the beer started tasting like it was missing
> > something. I paid it little attention until last week when I was looking
> > at the can and saw a 5.0 where the 5.2 used to be. I did a double-
> > take. Why was this really good perfectly excellent product changed?
> > I drink Topvar because it has been the best lager [to my taste] that I
> > can find, but now it's no better than everyone else's...

> Dude, if you can taste a .2% difference in alcohol then my hat is off to

you!

All it takes is practice...

-'dreas