Default Yards Revolutionary Beer

Yards has recently released some beers made with Revolutionary War-era
recipes. I've seen an Ale and a Porter, which are made receipes from
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. I think the Jefferson one is
'near' recipe, while the Washington is exact, but not exactly relevant
to my point.
I tried the Ale and found it unpleasant, somewhat sour.
I tried the Porter and was amazed at how good it was. It is made with
molasses, very tasty.
Have you tried them & what did you think?
Do you know of other porters made with molasses?
leo