Garry Simmons

Default Bells

My local (western PA) got some Bells in. Tried a sample of the Kalamazoo
Stout (draft). Had a medicine-y flavor that put me off. I didn't find the
sour tang of the Cherry Stout to be all that interesting. I had high hopes
for the Expedition Stout, but it was just OK. Old Rasputin is still my fave.
The Two-Hearted Ale was very nice though. I wouldn't say any of them were
off, but maybe I just don't like the house vibe the stouts have or
something...

Garry

Dan Iwerks

"Garry Simmons" > wrote in
:

> My local (western PA) got some Bells in. Tried a sample of the
> Kalamazoo Stout (draft). Had a medicine-y flavor that put me off. I
> didn't find the sour tang of the Cherry Stout to be all that
> interesting. I had high hopes for the Expedition Stout, but it was
> just OK. Old Rasputin is still my fave. The Two-Hearted Ale was very
> nice though. I wouldn't say any of them were off, but maybe I just
> don't like the house vibe the stouts have or something...

I'm traditionally pretty underwhelmed by their stouts. Thought the
Expedition was lovely, but IIRC the Rye Stout was deeply frightening.
The Double Cream Stout wasn't bad, though.
Dan Iwerks thinks that the beer you're drinking probably sucks.
The fundamental problem with Solipsism is it makes me
responsible for the fact that you're a complete idiot.
Nick Dempsey

Dan Iwerks wrote:

> "Garry Simmons" > wrote in
> :
>
> > My local (western PA) got some Bells in. Tried a sample of the
> > Kalamazoo Stout (draft). Had a medicine-y flavor that put me off. I
> > didn't find the sour tang of the Cherry Stout to be all that
> > interesting. I had high hopes for the Expedition Stout, but it was
> > just OK. Old Rasputin is still my fave. The Two-Hearted Ale was very
> > nice though. I wouldn't say any of them were off, but maybe I just
> > don't like the house vibe the stouts have or something...

> I'm traditionally pretty underwhelmed by their stouts. Thought the
> Expedition was lovely, but IIRC the Rye Stout was deeply frightening.
> The Double Cream Stout wasn't bad, though.
> --

I tend to stick to Expedition, Double Cream, Susie's Sweet (not making
it right now), and Trumpeter's (again, not making it) as far as Bell's
stouts go. They make some downright scary stuff, such as their spiced
stout. Yeech.

--NPD