Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Default Favorite Brew

Hey there,

What's everyone favorite brew? I'm new into craft beer, and am
enjoying IPAs.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On Dec 10, 3:14*pm, wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> What's everyone favorite brew? *I'm new into craft beer, and am
> enjoying IPAs.

I would have to say that if you like a little sweeter still hoppy IPA
I would recommend Magic Hat number 9. I enjoy that if I am not in the
mood for something too overwhelmingly Hoppy.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

ipaworldwide wrote:

> On Dec 10, 3:14 pm, wrote:
>
>>What's everyone favorite brew? I'm new into craft beer, and am
>>enjoying IPAs.

> I would have to say that if you like a little sweeter still hoppy IPA
> I would recommend Magic Hat number 9. I enjoy that if I am not in the
> mood for something too overwhelmingly Hoppy.

Magic Hat #9 isn't an IPA. MH IPAs include Lucky Kat and the seasonal
hI.P.A.

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

On Dec 11, 11:15*am, der gediegene dgs <dehgehyisss+1ne.
> > What's everyone favorite brew? *I'm new into craft beer, and am
> > enjoying IPAs.

> I can just about guarantee you that I can pick a "favorite brew" that
> isn't available in another part of the world, so even if I mention
> something I like, chances are you can't get it ... unless, of course,
> you somehow are near my part of the world. *Of course, that's not
> regarding the fact that I don't really have a single "favorite brew."
>
> Or are you yet another poster who thinks that only US-Americans are
> participating in this newsgroup?

I understand that people from all over the world are here
participating, but the question was what is everyone's favorite IPA,
not where can I get it. If they really wanted it they could find a
place that has it or one day if ever in that particular neck of the
woods can try it. I mean it's cool that many different people can have
an opinion and share it.
Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

"ipaworldwide" > wrote in message
On Dec 11, 11:15 am, der gediegene dgs <dehgehyisss+1ne.
> > What's everyone favorite brew? I'm new into craft beer, and am
> > enjoying IPAs.

> I can just about guarantee you that I can pick a "favorite brew" that
> isn't available in another part of the world, so even if I mention
> something I like, chances are you can't get it ... unless, of course,
> you somehow are near my part of the world. Of course, that's not
> regarding the fact that I don't really have a single "favorite brew."
>
> Or are you yet another poster who thinks that only US-Americans are
> participating in this newsgroup?

I understand that people from all over the world are here
participating, but the question was what is everyone's favorite IPA,
not where can I get it. If they really wanted it they could find a
place that has it or one day if ever in that particular neck of the
woods can try it. I mean it's cool that many different people can have
an opinion and share it.

My favorite IPA, (actually I have 2) Dogfish head 90 minute and Green Flash
Favorite Belgian - Piraat

Posted to rec.food.drink.beer

Swanlake "Swanlake IPA" (used to be called "Gallowsgate")
brewed by Hyouko Yashiki No Mori Brewery (Niigata, Japan)

Yum!

The "Rye Ale" by the same brewery is also very yummy.

-Miles

--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
-- Walter Hines Page
Member

If they really wanted it they could find a
place that has it or one day if ever in that particular neck of the
woods can try it. I mean it's cool that many different people can have
an opinion and share it.
__________________
Marriage is a romance like ally mcbeal dvd
in which the hero dies in the first chapter bones dvd never come back!

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hey there,

What's everyone favorite brew? I'm new into craft beer, and am
enjoying IPAs.
IPA's are nice but try some of the English brews that are around
__________________
Bathroom Design Advice
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hey there,

What's everyone favorite brew? I'm new into craft beer, and am
enjoying IPAs.
See if you can get Wachusett Blueberry in your area. One of the best beers I have ever had. Actually try and get all of Wachusetts beer in your area haha.
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hey there,

What's everyone favorite brew? I'm new into craft beer, and am
enjoying IPAs.
IPAs are a little too hoppy for me. Even the pales I'm tasting from US Micros are way too hoppy. Like eating the frickin' flower off the vine. I was once a hophead, though, and I know what you're saying. I guess I just ODed.

Now, I flip the other way and go for overmaltiness. Imperial stouts (Viking) trip my trigger now. The more I drink, though, the more I still come back to a good Plz, like Volkopopovicky(sp?) and some of the Polish (like Zwiec, Tyskie and Warka),

Interesting how the English tend to focus on hops, Scots focus on malt and Irish on enjoying the combination of both.

I like all but the wheat beers, man. Hard to even pick a style, let alone a single name of that style as my favorite.

Frankly, I'm disappointed in the US micros, who seem to place advertising above quality. Big shock, there.

I'd be happy if just one of our breweries could come out with and decent, affordable, lager. I'm waiting. Even Euro macros, like DAB, kick our asses. Had one US micro last week that described what I was about to drink as a "saison"(Belgian farmhouse ale). Just terrible. It's like so many experiment, athen pick a name for their crap from a long list of obscure beers.

That said, does anyone know if Rauschenfels is still made in Germany? That was unique. Barley malted with smoke. Me gusta!! Haven't had it in years, though.

Last edited by Gorio : 07-07-2011 at 03:37 AM