Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Barbecue Restaurant in NE Ohio

I've never had this kind of barbecue, except once and it was very bad.
I love good food and I'd really like to try some *good* barbecue.
Unfortunately, I live in Northeast Ohio. Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown
area. The only place I know of around here is a rib place called
"Blazing Bill's" which I hear is only so-so. Do you know of any good
barbecue restaurants in this area, or do I have to drive to Kansas
City?

- Erika

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 28 Aug 2006 14:40:52 -0700, "NiceToBarbecuers"
> wrote:

>Unfortunately, I live in Northeast Ohio. Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown
>area.

There is a restaurant in Bainbridge/Chagrin Falls, it used to be
called Stix, not sure what the name is now, but it is on the south
side of E Washington St, west of Rt 306 off of 422. For a long time
they made very good, real, wood-smoked cue, hopefully it's still
there, tho I think the name has changed. Google around or check
cleveland.com postings, there may be something in a past posting. Good
luck.

Chris/Power Salad
ex-Mentor, OH
Hampstead NC
www.powersalad.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Chris/Power Salad wrote:
> There is a restaurant in Bainbridge/Chagrin Falls, it used to be
> called Stix, not sure what the name is now, but it is on the south
> side of E Washington St, west of Rt 306 off of 422. For a long time
> they made very good, real, wood-smoked cue, hopefully it's still
> there, tho I think the name has changed. Google around or check
> cleveland.com postings, there may be something in a past posting. Good
> luck.

Found it! It's called Fireside Grill now. I wonder if it's still "real"
barbecue...

- Erika

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Real" barbecue in Ohio???????
I moved to Cincinnati from SE Texas. I never saw anything in the area
that resembled barbecue. Move to Texas for the best barbecue!

Darren :-D

NiceToBarbecuers wrote:
> Chris/Power Salad wrote:
> > There is a restaurant in Bainbridge/Chagrin Falls, it used to be
> > called Stix, not sure what the name is now, but it is on the south
> > side of E Washington St, west of Rt 306 off of 422. For a long time
> > they made very good, real, wood-smoked cue, hopefully it's still
> > there, tho I think the name has changed. Google around or check
> > cleveland.com postings, there may be something in a past posting. Good
> > luck.

> Found it! It's called Fireside Grill now. I wonder if it's still "real"
> barbecue...
>
> - Erika

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> "Real" barbecue in Ohio???????
> I moved to Cincinnati from SE Texas. I never saw anything in the area
> that resembled barbecue. Move to Texas for the best barbecue!
>
> Darren :-D

Actually, there are a few places in Cincinnati to get BBQ. I lived there for
5 years and had to sample alot of bad q to get to a few ok ones. One is
called 'Pig to Plate', another was 'barbeque revue', both are expensive for
the amount of meat you'll get. I now live back in the Memphis area where I
am originally from and had a half rack of babyback ribs with all the sides
for $10.95!
Hope this helps,
Mike R.