FoodBanter.com

-   -   A silly question.. (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/98458-silly-question.html)

Amamba 12-08-2006 01:14 AM

A silly question..

We have one of the Charbroil gas grills. We've had it for several years
but never really used it. Anyway, I am trying to figure out a way to
use it with lava rocks or ceramic brickets and I feel very dumb now..
there's two steel grates, one a large grate on very top of the grill
that you put food on; there's also a small grate directly under the
burners. Manual says that's where you're supposed to put the brickets -
but they end up being _under_ the burners and don't seem to hold any
heat or help at all. I end up basically grilling over open flames. If I
use them stacked 2 high, they close the burners and the manual says
you're not supposed to do that. Am I missing something here ? Thanks !

Edwin Pawlowski 12-08-2006 03:37 AM

A silly question..

"Amamba" > wrote in message
> there's also a small grate directly under the
> burners. Manual says that's where you're supposed to put the brickets -
> but they end up being _under_ the burners and don't seem to hold any
> heat or help at all.

That grate under the burners is supposed to be over top of the burners, then
the lava rocks go on top of that.