Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ chicken...spray ?

anybody have a recipe for the spray like they use at a fire dept./ fair BBQ
?

I always see them get it out of filthy 5 gal. plastic jugs & spray it on
with a deck sprayer..but it sure tastes good !

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Gene wrote:
> anybody have a recipe for the spray like they use at a fire dept./ fair BBQ
> ?
>
> I always see them get it out of filthy 5 gal. plastic jugs & spray it on
> with a deck sprayer..but it sure tastes good !

Here is the recipe that I have for "fair" chicken. Port-a-Pit here in
Northern Indiana.

Source:
Rudy2
Serves/Makes:1 qt. approx.

Ingredients
1 lb (.5 kg). butter
1 cup (225 ml) water
1 cup (225 ml) vinegar
4 tbsp (60 ml) salt
1 tbsp (15 ml) pepper
4 tbsp (60 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
1 oz (28 grm). Accent
Preparation
Boil together.
This will store well in fridge.
Comments
For those of you in Indiana who love the Port-A-Pit Chicken, here is the
recipe for the marinade/basting sauce. I don't know what kind of wood
etc they use for it though.

Hope this is what you are looking for!

BrianW
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"BrianW" > wrote in message
> Gene wrote:
>> anybody have a recipe for the spray like they use at a fire dept./ fair
>> BBQ ?
>>
>> I always see them get it out of filthy 5 gal. plastic jugs & spray it on
>> with a deck sprayer..but it sure tastes good !

> Here is the recipe that I have for "fair" chicken. Port-a-Pit here in
> Northern Indiana.
>
> Source:
> Rudy2
> Serves/Makes:1 qt. approx.
>

> Ingredients
> 1 lb (.5 kg). butter
> 1 cup (225 ml) water
> 1 cup (225 ml) vinegar
> 4 tbsp (60 ml) salt
> 1 tbsp (15 ml) pepper
> 4 tbsp (60 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
> 1 oz (28 grm). Accent
> Preparation
> Boil together.
> This will store well in fridge.
> Comments
> For those of you in Indiana who love the Port-A-Pit Chicken, here is the
> recipe for the marinade/basting sauce. I don't know what kind of wood etc
> they use for it though.

make about the same with additions of Lemon and garlic---good stuff

Buzz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

A friend of mine makes something really similar to the port-a-pit. The
liquid ingredients are the same, but then he throws whatever spice and
seasoning he feels like in it with no measurements.

He can't spray his because he uses freshly crushed pepper and his likes
his coarse, so he puts the cocktail mix in a jar and punches a few
holes in the lid and sprinkles it on.