Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Good news for all those who enjoy que...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=40339

Cloned Pigs That Produce Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Researchers report they have created pigs that produce omega-3 fatty
acids, which are known to improve heart function and help reduce the
risks for heart disease, representing the first cloned transgenic
livestock in the world that can make the beneficial compound...

Let's see... bacon for breakfast, pulled pork for lunch, tenderloin and
porkchops for dinner and ribs for a snack. All good for the heart!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
Steve Wertz > typed:
> On 18 Jul 2006 20:29:47 -0700, eelhc wrote:
>
>> http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=40339
>>
>> Cloned Pigs That Produce Omega-3 Fatty Acids
>>
>> Researchers report they have created pigs that produce omega-3
>> fatty
>> acids, which are known to improve heart function and help reduce
>> the
>> risks for heart disease, representing the first cloned transgenic
>> livestock in the world that can make the beneficial compound...

> Meanwhile, another group of scientists are working on proving that
> Omega-3 Fatty Acids are actually very harmful to the body and
> cause brain tumors...
>
> -sw

Besides, we already saw that a few months ago.

BOB