Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JGS JGS is offline

Default Weber vs Napoleon

Hi,
I searched google groups and didn't find my answer. I am looking at
buying a new grill and have narrowed my choices to either a Weber or a
Napoleon. The Napoleon I am looking at has the IR Sizzle burner. As I
often just want to grill a piece of meat quickly this looks like a great
feature.
The cost of the Napoleon is higher by a fair amount. Has any one had
experience with both models. I know there is a fair amount of positive
comments about the Weber but I could find much about those from the
smaller (company) Napoleon. So, comments or suggestions please. Thanks,
JG

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"JGS" > wrote in message
> Hi,
> I searched google groups and didn't find my answer. I am looking at
> buying a new grill and have narrowed my choices to either a Weber or a
> Napoleon. The Napoleon I am looking at has the IR Sizzle burner. As I
> often just want to grill a piece of meat quickly this looks like a great
> feature.
> The cost of the Napoleon is higher by a fair amount.

While Weber makes a very good grill, they are not the "best". I'd sure
consider the Napoleon if I was buying a grill today. The IR looks nifty, as
does the IR rotisseries burner. I have that and like it very much on my
Vermont Castings. The Napoleon certainly looks good on the web page.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

JGS wrote:
> Hi,
> I searched google groups and didn't find my answer. I am looking at
> buying a new grill and have narrowed my choices to either a Weber or a
> Napoleon. The Napoleon I am looking at has the IR Sizzle burner. As I
> often just want to grill a piece of meat quickly this looks like a great
> feature.
> The cost of the Napoleon is higher by a fair amount. Has any one had
> experience with both models. I know there is a fair amount of positive
> comments about the Weber but I could find much about those from the
> smaller (company) Napoleon. So, comments or suggestions please. Thanks,
> JG

I'm not sure how to contrast the two, but a buddy of mine has a Napoleon
and loves it. He has had it a few years and does baby it so it is
standing up well to Ontario winters. I like the design of the cast iron
grills; tough to loose asparagus through it.

I can't comment on the IR searing thingers. As they are rather new,
some design problems / fixes can be expected. What is the warranty on
the Nap?

There is a Home Hardware store in Goderich that has the best collection
of grills & BBQ's in Ontario. Weber, BGE, Naps, etc. That is a store
with staff that _know_ what they are talking about. You might want to
give them a ring. Or, ask an area Home Hardware if they have any
manufacturer's days coming up (the Goderich store has them often). If
so, bring a burger to the store and ask the rep to sear it for you!

But, please don't use the pro's to help you make up your mind and then
buy at the big box. Drives me nuts...

BTW, can't beat a Weber charcoal starter set to "ludicrous heat" for
searing meat!

Napoleon flatware Dee.Dee Cooking Equipment 15 11-12-2007 05:41 PM
Weber vs Napoleon JGS General Cooking 0 15-04-2006 09:52 PM
Raspberry Napoleon Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:11 PM
Raspberry Napoleon Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:11 PM