Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Tri-tip recommendations?

Growing up in Santa Maria, CA, I developed a real taste for tri-tip. After
moving to the PNW, I couldn't find it anywhere until Costco moved in. Try
as I might, this is a piece of meat I have been unable to screw up (although
I haven't used a pressure cooker or the minion method--two other fascinating
threads.) I've cooked it hot and fast, low and slow, and everything in
betweeen with all kinds of rubs and mops. Now I use Susie Q's rub (a Santa
Maria Co.) and cook at around 350 until medium (or med. rare if my kids
aren't there). Yum. I'm gonna throw 2 or three on the weber this weekend
and would like to try something different with at least one of them. I
would appreciate anyone sharing their favorite ways to cook this cut of
meat.

Jim

Having recently moved back to SoCal, I'm in tri-tip heaven. Stater Brothers
(a local grocery chain in northern san diego county) offers nice big cuts
nearly twice the size of those costco tips w/o having the top layer of fat
cut away (as costco started doing a few years ago). I'm not knocking
Costco, but you might look around at the alternatives. What wouldn't taste
better with the top layer of fat dripping through it while cooking?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default OT: Reply to split post question

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:33:07 GMT, "Jim Johansen"
> > wrote:
>
> Why the split post?

I dunno. That's just the way it worked out.

Did you write the first paragraph, too?

I wrote it all--I thought that was obvious. The second part was an
afterthought--kind of a Postscript without the P.S.

>We want (*need*) to flame you, but we need to understand why you
> posted like this, first.
>
> -sw

If this is going to start the flames, please have the courtesy to flame
using this subhead (or alter to something like "Die, you split posting,
Scum!!) so we can keep it separate from actual barbecue talk ;-)

Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Reply to split post question

Jim Johansen wrote:

> If this is going to start the flames, please have the courtesy to
> flame using this subhead (or alter to something like "Die, you split
> posting, Scum!!) so we can keep it separate from actual barbecue talk
> ;-)

Doggone it, Jim, that's no fair trying to sabotage a flame war before we
even decide if there's cause. I mean, didn't you hear that we're the usenet
version of the boogeyman and all. Heck, so much for our reputation. :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> Why the split post? Did you write the first paragraph, too? We
> want (*need*) to flame you, but we need to understand why you
> posted like this, first.
>
> -sw

Rationalized flaming? Not around here...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hou de recommendations? Rainy Tea 2 09-12-2008 05:48 PM
Need recommendations Ozark Baby[_2_] General Cooking 21 19-10-2008 05:10 PM
Need Recommendations Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 15 03-05-2007 03:17 PM
Recommendations? Aurora Wine 25 26-12-2004 10:50 PM