Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default 12' or 15' canopy

After years of borrowing funeral home tents, I'm thinking of simply buying
a 12 or 15 foot portable tent/canopy for this year's events and contests.
Anyone have specific suggestions?

BB
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6 Mar 2006 16:18:46 GMT, Barry Bean > wrote:

>After years of borrowing funeral home tents, I'm thinking of simply buying
>a 12 or 15 foot portable tent/canopy for this year's events and contests.
>Anyone have specific suggestions?

E-Z Up pop-up shelters.

www.ezup.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
:

> On 6 Mar 2006 16:18:46 GMT, Barry Bean > wrote:
>
>>After years of borrowing funeral home tents, I'm thinking of simply
>>buying a 12 or 15 foot portable tent/canopy for this year's events and
>>contests. Anyone have specific suggestions?
>>

> E-Z Up pop-up shelters.
>
> www.ezup.com

Thanks. I remember seeing a bunch of these last year, but never wrote down
the name.

BB

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
:

> On 6 Mar 2006 16:57:06 GMT, Barry Bean > wrote:
>
>>Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
m:

>>> E-Z Up pop-up shelters.
>>>
>>> www.ezup.com

>>Thanks. I remember seeing a bunch of these last year, but never wrote
>>down the name.

> There are lots of knock-offs available, most for considerably less
> money, but E-Z Ups are well built and sturdy.

Which model do you prefer. I only use a tent a few times a year, so price
is a factor. I'm looking at the Expres III. Have you used that one?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

:

:

>>>Thanks. I remember seeing a bunch of these last year, but never wrote
>>>down the name.

>> There are lots of knock-offs available, most for considerably less
>> money, but E-Z Ups are well built and sturdy.

>Which model do you prefer. I only use a tent a few times a year, so price
>is a factor. I'm looking at the Expres III. Have you used that one?

No. It's been years since I owned an EZ-Up. When I bought my 15' X 10'
shelter, I don't think EZ-Up even made these "recreation" grade
shelters. I paid $600 for mine, but it was built like a tank.

I expect the Express would do you just fine. Be sure to take a look at
the weight bags; it doesn't take much wind to send these things
flying. Also, it looks like they have a couple specials on the Express
in the Shelter Outlet (left-hand menu).

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On 6 Mar 2006 17:58:44 GMT, Barry Bean > wrote:
>
> >Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
> :

> :

> >> There are lots of knock-offs available, most for considerably less
> >> money, but E-Z Ups are well built and sturdy.

> >Which model do you prefer. I only use a tent a few times a year, so price
> >is a factor. I'm looking at the Expres III. Have you used that one?

> No. It's been years since I owned an EZ-Up. When I bought my 15' X 10'
> shelter, I don't think EZ-Up even made these "recreation" grade
> shelters. I paid $600 for mine, but it was built like a tank.
>
> I expect the Express would do you just fine. Be sure to take a look at
> the weight bags; it doesn't take much wind to send these things
> flying. Also, it looks like they have a couple specials on the Express
> in the Shelter Outlet (left-hand menu).

I would like to chime in and also give a thumbs-up to the EZ-Up products.
Our company also use of their canopies, and even while drunk we can assemble
it in 2 minutes.

Graeme

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Graeme...in London" > wrote in
:

> I would like to chime in and also give a thumbs-up to the EZ-Up
> products. Our company also use of their canopies, and even while drunk
> we can assemble it in 2 minutes.

Now THAT'S the kind of endorement I wanted to see. Good to know even my BBQ
team can handle the task of putting one up.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Barry Bean" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Graeme...in London" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I would like to chime in and also give a thumbs-up to the EZ-Up
>> products. Our company also use of their canopies, and even while drunk
>> we can assemble it in 2 minutes.

> Now THAT'S the kind of endorement I wanted to see. Good to know even my
> BBQ
> team can handle the task of putting one up.

got 3 of those tents---about 199bucks at Sam's Club---and to set it straight
one drunk can get it up and down!! Definetely need some kind of
anchors--for grass we use doggie screws and straps--for asphalt we bring out
the hammer drill and TapCons!

there is a bigger ez-up that would be nice if you have the room(and/or)
money

Buzz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:05:33 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On 6 Mar 2006 16:57:06 GMT, Barry Bean > wrote:
>
>>Kevin S. Wilson > wrote in
m:

>>> E-Z Up pop-up shelters.
>>>
>>> www.ezup.com

>>Thanks. I remember seeing a bunch of these last year, but never wrote down
>>the name.

>There are lots of knock-offs available, most for considerably less
>money, but E-Z Ups are well built and sturdy.

If money is a factor you should definetely check out
www.sportsmansguide.com . They have several to choose from and I know
you can get a 10x12 canopy with screened sides that zipper for under
$90.00. It may not be as easy to set up but they a good quality and if
you're only using once or twice a year it may make a difference.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Barry Bean
> wrote:

> After years of borrowing funeral home tents, I'm thinking of simply buying
> a 12 or 15 foot portable tent/canopy for this year's events and contests.
> Anyone have specific suggestions?

If you want something bigger, Sam's carries the 10x20' King Canopy for
$199. It's a sturdy 8 leg model, with removable sidewalls and windows.

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...02443&pCatg=46
35

or

http://tinyurl.com/rcxyx

Kevin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Graeme...in London wrote:

> I would like to chime in and also give a thumbs-up to the EZ-Up products.
> Our company also use of their canopies, and even while drunk we can assemble
> it in 2 minutes.

What are the chances your crew ever attempted the task sober?

Matthew

--
What if you arrived at the fountain of youth, only to find dead toddlers
floating in the pond? -- John O on AFB
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6 Mar 2006 16:18:46 GMT, Barry Bean > wrote:

>After years of borrowing funeral home tents, I'm thinking of simply buying
>a 12 or 15 foot portable tent/canopy for this year's events and contests.
>Anyone have specific suggestions?
>
>BB

E-z-e ups, for a little over $100 ' ' ' '

Harry