Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default mmmmmm strips tonight!

I have 4 beautiful center cut 12oz NY Strips in the refrigerator at
home waiting to be put on the grill after work, I am soooo excited, I
can't wait. I am going to put some Tony Chachere on as a dry rub, and
grill them at around 600 degrees, pure heaven!

Jerry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You don't screw up the flavor of a N.Y steak with something as crude as Tony
Cachere's dry rub. You salt and pepper it and throw it on a very hot
charcoal grill for about 2 minutes on a side, cooking it to so called
"char-rare". Then you wait 2 minutes, put it on a warm plate, cut each bite
sized portion up, put it in your mouth, chew, and swallow, slowly. It's
orgiastic: I envy you.

"jerryeveretts" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have 4 beautiful center cut 12oz NY Strips in the refrigerator at
> home waiting to be put on the grill after work, I am soooo excited, I
> can't wait. I am going to put some Tony Chachere on as a dry rub, and
> grill them at around 600 degrees, pure heaven!
>
> Jerry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

>You don't screw up the flavor of a N.Y steak with something as crude as Tony
>Cachere's dry rub. You salt and pepper it and throw it on a very hot
>charcoal grill <snip>

Just want to take this opportunity to tell you that I recently got a TEC
Cherokee infrared grill. "Hot" has a whole new meaning now and char rare
is more easily achieved. My little Smokey Joe just can't match the heat.

JD
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:18:45 -0800, "Kent" >
> wrote:
>
> >Then you wait 2 minutes, put it on a warm plate, cut each bite
> >sized portion up, put it in your mouth, chew, and swallow, slowly.

> Why bother with cutting it up? Just pick it up and go at with
> your canines. Using a knife on it just destroys the cells in the
> meat.
>
> =sw

Thats funny, actually while I appreciate the Tony Chachere advice, fact
is, that's one of the ways I like it, I REALLY like that stuff, gives
things a nice 'bite'.
The other thing I like to do, is to soak 'em in Teriaki for about 30
mins, then while I am cooking them on the grill, put the used teriaki
in a saucepan and bring it to a boil, then put in small service dishes
and use it as a 'dip'.
And your right, sometimes I just crack pepper and sprinkle with a
little Kosher salt, for the purist.
But if my eating them with Tony's makes you cringe, my 16 year old son
smothering it with A-1 will probably cause you to have some kind of
spasm!

Another favorite of my family's is to put Tony's on a big ol Pork Loin,
then cook it nice and slow on the grill using indirect heat.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:18:45 -0800, "Kent" >
> wrote:
>
>>Then you wait 2 minutes, put it on a warm plate, cut each bite
>>sized portion up, put it in your mouth, chew, and swallow, slowly.

> Why bother with cutting it up? Just pick it up and go at with
> your canines. Using a knife on it just destroys the cells in the
> meat.

Just licking it is cool too. :P

Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

<You don't screw up the flavor of a N.Y steak with something as crude
as Tony
Cachere's dry rub. You salt and pepper it and throw it on a very hot
charcoal grill for about 2 minutes on a side, cooking it to so called
"char-rare". Then you wait 2 minutes, put it on a warm plate, cut each
bite
sized portion up, put it in your mouth, chew, and swallow, slowly.
It's
orgiastic: I envy you.

"jerryeveretts" > wrote in message

ups.com...

I prefer the McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning. It's a variety of
coarse ground pepper and chunks of salt.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

You know whats funny, I used to give my son 'cheaper' steak, and he
never knew the difference, now he has been eating strip steaks for
awhile. Well this weekend Publix had some top sirloin on sale, so I
picked some up and we grilled it, it was good, but my son asked "Hey,
is this different steak or something? I doesn't taste as good."
Damn, I think he is catching on.

Jerry