Big Jim

Default help

I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF

--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Steve Calvin

Big Jim wrote:
> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF

You see this one Jim?

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.
Steve Calvin

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Big Jim wrote:
>
>> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
>>

> You see this one Jim?

ok, anybody else see this one?

--
Steve

Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.
Al Reid

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Big Jim wrote:
>>
>>> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
>>>

>> You see this one Jim?
>>

> ok, anybody else see this one?
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.

I see them all.

--
Al Reid

Matthew L. Martin

Big Jim wrote:
> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF

If you find out what is wrong maybe you can find out why I don't see any
of brick's posts anymore.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 18:11:27 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>Big Jim wrote:
>> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
>>

>If you find out what is wrong maybe you can find out why I don't see any
>of brick's posts anymore.

Because you're lucky?

Brick

On 28-Sep-2005, "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:

> Big Jim wrote:
> > I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
> >

> If you find out what is wrong maybe you can find out why I don't see any
> of brick's posts anymore.
>
> Matthew

Somebody, please tell Matthew that he and I had a political disagreement
awhile back and he probably killfiled me. I can't think of any other reason
why everybody sees my posts but him.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

Steve Calvin > wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
> > Big Jim wrote:
> >
> >> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
> >>

> > You see this one Jim?
> >

> ok, anybody else see this one?

Yeah, bad penny. Yer here. ;-)

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Dan Krueger

Brick wrote:

> On 28-Sep-2005, "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:
>

>>Big Jim wrote:
>>
>>>I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
>>>

>>If you find out what is wrong maybe you can find out why I don't see any
>>of brick's posts anymore.
>>
>>Matthew

> Somebody, please tell Matthew that he and I had a political disagreement
> awhile back and he probably killfiled me. I can't think of any other reason
> why everybody sees my posts but him.

He already know that. This is an example how trolling morons put fresh
bait on their hooks. There is a good chance that he DOES see your posts
and he is simply poking at you. Trollers seem to find it hard to k-file
anyone.
Matthew L. Martin

Dan Krueger wrote:
> Brick wrote:

>>> If you find out what is wrong maybe you can find out why I don't see
>>> any of brick's posts anymore.
>>>
>>> Matthew

>> Somebody, please tell Matthew that he and I had a political disagreement
>> awhile back and he probably killfiled me. I can't think of any other
>> reason
>> why everybody sees my posts but him.

Actually, I have never kill filed anyone. Unlike some others, I don't
see political disagreements as bars to association, friendship, even family.

Brick: you, my brother, my recently deceased father, my favorite aunt
and my almost son-in-law hold similar political views. That doesn't keep
me from associating with, much less loving them. Being a net associate
with any reasonable person (regardless of political persuasion) is not a
problem for me. Just don't expect me to agree with your politics and I
won't expect you to agree with mine.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
bk

"Big Jim" > wrote in message
>I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
>
> --
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Well I see it Jim.
Hope you're doing fine. Got all your new pieces and are getting yourself
around.
I'm driving up there this weekend to pick up my mom who fell and got pretty
scaped up while visiting.

F.G. Whitfurrows

Fosco to Big Jim.

Come in Big Jim.

Big Jim do you read?

Come in Big Jim....come in!

Dammit! <banging on keyboard with wrench> Damn this thing! Dammit dammit
dammit! Static! Thats all it is! Static.

--
The High Honorable Reverend
Fosco Gamgee Wooaaa.... hahaa... Whitfurrows

--Weddings performed for a nominal fee.
--Beer or magic shrooms accepted in lieu of cash payment
ROFL!

Lew/+Silat

In ,
F.G. Whitfurrows > types these words of wisdom:
> Fosco to Big Jim.
>
> Come in Big Jim.
>
> Big Jim do you read?
>
> Come in Big Jim....come in!
>
> Dammit! <banging on keyboard with wrench> Damn this thing! Dammit
> dammit dammit! Static! Thats all it is! Static.

I cant read Fosco replies but someone please tell him to quit banging on his
keyboard with the wrench.

--
Lew/+Silat

"Lew/+Silat" > wrote:
> F.G. Whitfurrows > types these words of
> wisdom:
> > Fosco to Big Jim.
> >
> > Come in Big Jim.
> >
> > Big Jim do you read?
> >
> > Come in Big Jim....come in!
> >
> > Dammit! <banging on keyboard with wrench> Damn this thing! Dammit
> > dammit dammit! Static! Thats all it is! Static.

> I cant read Fosco replies but someone please tell him to quit banging on
> his keyboard with the wrench.

Thanks, Lew. I misread that and thought he was banging some wench on his
keyboard. Didn't wanna interrupt.

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:
http://saluteheroes.org/ & http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Big Jim

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Big Jim wrote:
>> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
>>

> You see this one Jim?
>
> --
> Steve
>
> Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.

--OKI am back. Bill suggested that I unsub and resub That worked.
Now I got almost 8000 messages to read.
Thanks Guys
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Brick

On 28-Sep-2005, "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote:

> Dan Krueger wrote:
> > Brick wrote:

> >> Somebody, please tell Matthew that he and I had a political disagreement
> >> awhile back and he probably killfiled me. I can't think of any other
> >> reason
> >> why everybody sees my posts but him.
> >>

> Actually, I have never kill filed anyone. Unlike some others, I don't
> see political disagreements as bars to association, friendship, even family.
>
> Brick: you, my brother, my recently deceased father, my favorite aunt
> and my almost son-in-law hold similar political views. That doesn't keep
> me from associating with, much less loving them. Being a net associate
> with any reasonable person (regardless of political persuasion) is not a
> problem for me. Just don't expect me to agree with your politics and I
> won't expect you to agree with mine.
>
> Matthew

I hate it when I fall for a Troll. I wondered why my name cropped up more
often then normal, but didn't catch on.

--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)

cl

Big Jim wrote:

> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF

So no matter how much I call Gramer a *** boy, you will never see it.
cl

Big Jim wrote:

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> > Big Jim wrote:
> >> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF
> >>

> > You see this one Jim?
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> >
> > Never read the fine print. There ain't no way you're going to like it.

> --OKI am back. Bill suggested that I unsub and resub That worked.
> Now I got almost 8000 messages to read.

Only if you decide to read the transcripts of beating that pinata we
call KevinS. Culling out those would leave you about 5.
Big Jim

"cl" > wrote in message

> Big Jim wrote:
>>
>> I am not getting any messages from this group or ABF

> So no matter how much I call Gramer a *** boy, you will never see it.

I will now.<g>--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Bill

In article >,
says...

<snip>

www.lazyq.com

> > Glad I could help.
> >
> > Bill

> -- I tried to send you a thank you but your spam thing bounced my message
> Thanks
> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Sorry about that. The address above really is a spamtrap. It shouldn't
be bouncing messages, they're supposed to be accepted and binned until
I can get around to dropping the hammer on the spammers accounts.

I'll check the filters.

Bill
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:48:22 -0700, Bill

www.lazyq.com

>> > Glad I could help.
>> >
>> > Bill

>> -- I tried to send you a thank you but your spam thing bounced my message
>> Thanks
>> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

> Sorry about that. The address above really is a spamtrap. It shouldn't
>be bouncing messages, they're supposed to be accepted and binned until
>I can get around to dropping the hammer on the spammers accounts.
>
> I'll check the filters.
>
> Bill

Your ISP doesn't provide this service? Mine screens Spam, Spies, and
Virooses with a proprietary version of F-Security. Only 3-4 a week
sneak through and if I report those, they are tossed out in the
future.
Harry

[Hi, Big Jim!!].

Bill

In article >,
says...

www.lazyq.com

> >> -- I tried to send you a thank you but your spam thing bounced my message
> >> Thanks
> >> James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

> > Sorry about that. The address above really is a spamtrap. It shouldn't
> >be bouncing messages, they're supposed to be accepted and binned until
> >I can get around to dropping the hammer on the spammers accounts.
> >
> > I'll check the filters.
> >
> > Bill

> Your ISP doesn't provide this service? Mine screens Spam, Spies, and
> Virooses with a proprietary version of F-Security. Only 3-4 a week
> sneak through and if I report those, they are tossed out in the
> future.
> Harry
>
> [Hi, Big Jim!!].

Yes it does, for those addresses of mine that go through Road Runner.

The address above goes through another ISP to a privately run < though
not by me > mailserver that I use for whacking spammers.

I've got a couple of dozen addresses spread over 3 servers for various
purposes.

Bill
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:44:51 -0700, Bill
> wrote:

>In article >,
says...

www.lazyq.com

www.lazyq.com

>> > Sorry about that. The address above really is a spamtrap. It shouldn't
>> >be bouncing messages, they're supposed to be accepted and binned until
>> >I can get around to dropping the hammer on the spammers accounts.
>> >
>> > I'll check the filters.
>> >
>> > Bill

>> Your ISP doesn't provide this service? Mine screens Spam, Spies, and
>> Virooses with a proprietary version of F-Security. Only 3-4 a week
>> sneak through and if I report those, they are tossed out in the
>> future.
>> Harry
>>
>> [Hi, Big Jim!!].
>>

> Yes it does, for those addresses of mine that go through Road Runner.
>
> The address above goes through another ISP to a privately run < though
>not by me > mailserver that I use for whacking spammers.
>
> I've got a couple of dozen addresses spread over 3 servers for various
>purposes.
>
> Bill

Ah. I'm a simple soul -3 addresses - 0ne for personal, one for
business, one mass mailings from my financial institutions
[business].. All are on the same ISP.

Harry

F.G. Whitfurrows

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> Lord, I hope he hit the REPEAT key then . . . . .
>
> Harry

You guys are so bad. <eg>

--
The High Honorable Reverend
Fosco Gamgee Wooaaa.... hahaa... Whitfurrows
and his 6" stoner

--Weddings performed for a nominal fee.
--Beer or magic shrooms accepted in lieu of cash payment
ROFL!

F.G. Whitfurrows

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> Assholes! But my friends don't have choices for hi-speed where they
> live. I also learned that if you truly harass them, they'll issue an
> addy that works. Assholes!
>
> Harry

They should be able to get comcast in Seattle, Harry.

--
The High Honorable Reverend
Fosco Gamgee Wooaaa.... hahaa... Whitfurrows
and his 6" stoner

--Weddings performed for a nominal fee.
--Beer or magic shrooms accepted in lieu of cash payment
ROFL!

Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:50:12 -0700, Bill
> wrote:

>In article >,
says...
>> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:47:10 GMT, "Brick" >
>> wrote:

>> >Now there's a brilliant move. Ranks right up there with blocking ABC or CBS because
>> >somebody doesn't like their viewpoint.

> Actually it is. If I didn't agree with the policy I'd use a different
>news service. Perhaps you should use one that doesn't abuse it's
>neighbors on Usenet.
>

>> Verizon, in Seattle came up with this brilliant policy to block SPAM.
>> They filter anything coming into USA from other countries on the
>> premise all Spam comes from abroad.
>>
>> Harry
>>

> I think Verizon implemented that policy nationally, not just in
>Seattle. Now that I consider to be overboard with the filtering.
>
> Bill

Assholes! But my friends don't have choices for hi-speed where they
live. I also learned that if you truly harass them, they'll issue an
addy that works. Assholes!

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:47:21 -0700, "F.G. Whitfurrows"
> wrote:

>Harry Demidavicius wrote:
>> Assholes! But my friends don't have choices for hi-speed where they
>> live. I also learned that if you truly harass them, they'll issue an
>> addy that works. Assholes!
>>
>> Harry

>They should be able to get comcast in Seattle, Harry.

They can get cable but won't pay the bucks, Fos.
I understand Comcast will be in their area [Kenwood/Bothel] this Fall.

I find it unbelievable that Seattle has areas w/o hi-speed net. All
of Alberta has hi-speed net . . . . . several suppliers in most
places.

Harry
Bill

In article >,
says...
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:50:12 -0700, Bill
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> says...

> > Actually it is. If I didn't agree with the policy I'd use a different
> >news service. Perhaps you should use one that doesn't abuse it's
> >neighbors on Usenet.
> >

> >> Verizon, in Seattle came up with this brilliant policy to block SPAM.
> >> They filter anything coming into USA from other countries on the
> >> premise all Spam comes from abroad.
> >>
> >> Harry
> >>

> > I think Verizon implemented that policy nationally, not just in
> >Seattle. Now that I consider to be overboard with the filtering.
> >
> > Bill

> Assholes! But my friends don't have choices for hi-speed where they
> live. I also learned that if you truly harass them, they'll issue an
> addy that works. Assholes!
>
> Harry

They don't have to depend on verizon to get their mail. They can use a
3rd party mail provider:

http://www.spamblocked.com/modules/s...e/product1.php

He's up in Oregon, 10 bucks a year for a well filtered e-mail address.

Bill