Default Bob's Smokehouse re-opened!

Got back from a trip to San Antonio a few weeks ago. I'm happy to
report that the barbecue I spent summers as a kid enjoying is now back.

Bob's Smokehouse (3306 Roland Ave. at Rigsby), now known as simply The
Smokehouse is open again after being closed for tax-related issues.
They are under new ownership, which immediately made my mom suspicious.

But upon tasting the deep smoky flavor of their brisket, my cousins and
I confirmed that it's the same Bob's. Apparently they've wisely
retained the same staff that makes the 'cue, who are typically
nephews/nieces/relations of the original Bob.

Apparently the interior has been cleaned up (sacrilege!), and it's
possible that some of the funny signage has shamefully been painted
over or taken down (WHERE There's no SMOKE there's "NO BAR B-Q"):
http://www.darryl.com/bobs/bob5.htm

The meat, however tasted as good as I remember it.

Word is that the 5145 Fredericksburg Rd. location on the NW side of
town has also reopened under new owners, but with the same crew. Good
to hear.