Kent

Default how to barbeque ribs

On the 22" weber when doing either spare, baby back, or beef ribs during the
low temp phase of cooking, do you put the charcoal on one side, and rotate
the ribs, or do you cook indirectly with coals on both sides?
Advice from any who have done both would be most appreciated.
Do you cook with a water pan, or dry heat?
That too would be of interest, particularly if you have done both.
Thanks for any advice.
Kent

Default User

Kent wrote:

> On the 22" weber when doing either spare, baby back, or beef ribs
> during the low temp phase of cooking, do you put the charcoal on one
> side, and rotate the ribs, or do you cook indirectly with coals on
> both sides? Advice from any who have done both would be most
> appreciated. Do you cook with a water pan, or dry heat?
> That too would be of interest, particularly if you have done both.

When I use the Weber kettle to do ribs, which I still do for a single
rack sometimes, I use the Weber charcoal holders to keep the coals on
either side of the cooking area. I use a version of the Minion method,
putting unlit charcoal in the bottom of the holders and lit on top. I
use a drip pan with a small amount of water to keep the drippings from
burning from the heat, which doesn't add much to the flavor.

Brian

barbeque? Silvyu Asian Cooking 0 05-11-2011 04:21 PM
Chinese Hoisin Barbeque Short Ribs with Noodle Broth TheChefLondon Recipes 0 07-08-2011 08:46 PM
ENC vs WNC Barbeque Guv Bob Barbecue 9 30-09-2007 05:00 PM
Barbeque Ribs Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 25-08-2006 10:55 AM
Barbeque biig General Cooking 45 04-07-2006 07:13 AM