jinym

Default Pizza tonight

I cheated a bit and used Trader Joe's ready made dough; not bad, but I
still prefer my own.
I pushed the dough into a vaguely circle-like shape, brushed it with
olive oil, and sprinkled it with some minced garlic.
Toppings:
-diced ripe Roma tomatoes (the 1st from my garden this year) instead of
sauce. A bit of salt and oregano were added to them when I diced them
an hour earlier.
-cubed fresh mozzarella
-thinly sliced red onion
-a generous quantity of slivered fresh basil leaves (also from the
garden).
Onto a hot stone in a very hot WSM, and shortly thereafter, dinner was
served.
Nice-very nice. Simple, but flavorful. Now, properly fortified with
pizza and beer, I shall prepare the spareribs for tomorrow.

Jim

jinym wrote:
> I cheated a bit and used Trader Joe's ready made dough; not bad, but I
> still prefer my own.
> I pushed the dough into a vaguely circle-like shape, brushed it with
> olive oil, and sprinkled it with some minced garlic.
> Toppings:
> -diced ripe Roma tomatoes (the 1st from my garden this year) instead of
> sauce. A bit of salt and oregano were added to them when I diced them
> an hour earlier.
> -cubed fresh mozzarella
> -thinly sliced red onion
> -a generous quantity of slivered fresh basil leaves (also from the
> garden).
> Onto a hot stone in a very hot WSM, and shortly thereafter, dinner was
> served.
> Nice-very nice. Simple, but flavorful. Now, properly fortified with
> pizza and beer, I shall prepare the spareribs for tomorrow.
>
> Jim

Wow- sounds great!

I've been wanting to try a pizza on my new Char-Griller, but wasn't
sure of what to grill it on. I thought stones would crack over that
high of a heat. I have several baking stones from Pampered Chef. Could
I use any of my stones from Pampered Chef, or is the stone you used
made to withstand the high heat from lump charcoal?

Thanks for your help!

Jim

jinym

> Wow- sounds great!
>
> I've been wanting to try a pizza on my new Char-Griller, but wasn't
> sure of what to grill it on. I thought stones would crack over that
> high of a heat. I have several baking stones from Pampered Chef. Could
> I use any of my stones from Pampered Chef, or is the stone you used
> made to withstand the high heat from lump charcoal?
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Jim

Heh, another JimN, that's cool.
Jim, the stone I'm using is just a cheap little thing I bought at Bed
Bath and Beyond. I'm sure your stones will work just fine. Be sure to
put the stone on as your cooker heats up, so it can adjust to temp.
It's also a good idea to have your dough and toppings at room temp.
It's not high heat that will break a stone, it's any drastic change in
temp. Just my $.02
Good luck, and have fun!
Jim

PIC: Pizza tonight I'm back[_2_] General Cooking 2 28-01-2013 02:27 PM
exciting pizza tonight the unknown flailer General Cooking 0 21-09-2010 05:35 AM
Pizza tonight! Julie Bove Diabetic 0 23-08-2010 04:13 AM
Pizza for dinner tonight Woolstitcher General Cooking 0 27-06-2008 11:50 PM
Tonight: Pizza Michel Boucher General Cooking 29 24-02-2005 04:35 AM