Person

Default How much BTU

Looking for a new grill, and I know the more btu the better, but what is the
lower limit that will still give good searing and marks.

Specifically looking at Vermont Castings with 400 sq primary cooking space @
36,000 BTU
and Webber Genesis Silver C with 424 sq in primary cook space at the same
3600 BTU

They both seem like good sturdy grills, but I'm a little concerned that they
my be under powered.

TIA

Jimbo

Edwin Pawlowski

"Person" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Looking for a new grill, and I know the more btu the better, but what is
> the
> lower limit that will still give good searing and marks.
>
> Specifically looking at Vermont Castings with 400 sq primary cooking space
> @
> 36,000 BTU
> and Webber Genesis Silver C with 424 sq in primary cook space at the same
> 3600 BTU

Either one will work. Buy the one that has the features that are important
to you. Both are good grills.

jdoe

How well a grill works is not just a measure of BTU. THe Genesis does alot
more with alot less because it's efficient.
Larry
"Person" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Looking for a new grill, and I know the more btu the better, but what is
> the
> lower limit that will still give good searing and marks.
>
> Specifically looking at Vermont Castings with 400 sq primary cooking space
> @
> 36,000 BTU
> and Webber Genesis Silver C with 424 sq in primary cook space at the same
> 3600 BTU
>
> They both seem like good sturdy grills, but I'm a little concerned that
> they
> my be under powered.
>
> TIA
>
> Jimbo

Person

> How well a grill works is not just a measure of BTU. THe Genesis does alot
> more with alot less because it's efficient.
> Larry

Kinda what I thought. My son-in-law thinks you need 48,000 btu or more to
grill properly. But he usually cooks for a crowd. Me, I usually cook for my
wife and I and lots of times with a couple of friends. Every now and then
the whole family but that's mostly just burgers, hot dogs and the like...

thanks for your input.

Jimbo