Default Wireless digital thermometer recommendations

Hi,

I am looking for a new wireless digital thermometer. My trusty Nu-Temp
is gettiing long in the tooth from many years of hard use.

My ideal thermometer would have multiple channels (individual
transmitters are OK) so that I could monitor the food temp as well as
the grill temp at the same time. Thus a secondary feature would be a
high temperature sensing ability (600-800?) and a durable cable so I
don't burn it up.

Does such a thermometer exist? Who comes closest?

Thanks

Horn

> I am looking for a new wireless digital thermometer. My trusty Nu-Temp
> is gettiing long in the tooth from many years of hard use.

> Does such a thermometer exist? Who comes closest?

> Thanks

Try
www.omega.com
and get their catalog on cd.
Those folks have been making and selling this stuff for about 500 years or so.
The price is more but they will make just about anything for you.
I had them make a sensor 18 inches or so long so I could monitor the meat
temp in the bottom of the deep turkey fryer without wetting the wire with oil.

Good folks. I'm a mere satisified customer.

regards
horn

--
Remove +STRING to reply by email
Duwop

"Horn" > wrote in message

> Try www.omega.com
> and get their catalog on cd.

Heard others say good stuff about their product too.

No recomendation to purchase, but do suggest to stay well clear of
"Brookstone" line. Well, unless they've changed the interface. The signal is
good and strong and works very well, but the damn thing can only be set to
pre-set meat temps and maxes out at 170F. Did I mention the alarm that
cannot be turned off, just reset so that it goes off every minute?

BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP WARNING WARNING.

A complete idiot designed this interface. Other than that it works fine. <f>

Wiz

Look up the Remote Check by Maverick. Dual channel, shielded probes.
I love it.

Wiz

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a new wireless digital thermometer. My trusty Nu-Temp
> is gettiing long in the tooth from many years of hard use.
>
> My ideal thermometer would have multiple channels (individual
> transmitters are OK) so that I could monitor the food temp as well as
> the grill temp at the same time. Thus a secondary feature would be a
> high temperature sensing ability (600-800?) and a durable cable so I
> don't burn it up.
>
> Does such a thermometer exist? Who comes closest?
>
> Thanks

Paratwa

And not very expensive. I'm thinking of getting one soon. It gets hot
down here in the MS Gulf Coast who want to go outside?

How long have you used it and how much? Concerned about reliability.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:01:59 GMT, "Wiz" >
wrote:

>Look up the Remote Check by Maverick. Dual channel, shielded probes.
>I love it.
>
>Wiz
>
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a new wireless digital thermometer. My trusty Nu-Temp
>> is gettiing long in the tooth from many years of hard use.
>>
>> My ideal thermometer would have multiple channels (individual
>> transmitters are OK) so that I could monitor the food temp as well as
>> the grill temp at the same time. Thus a secondary feature would be a
>> high temperature sensing ability (600-800?) and a durable cable so I
>> don't burn it up.
>>
>> Does such a thermometer exist? Who comes closest?
>>
>> Thanks

Graeme...in London

"Paratwa" > wrote in message

> And not very expensive. I'm thinking of getting one soon. It gets hot
> down here in the MS Gulf Coast who want to go outside?
>
> How long have you used it and how much? Concerned about reliability.

Correctly bottom posted for continuity....

....that aside, I have been using the Remote Check for about a year with no
problems. The only advice I would give is to replace the batteries that come
supplied with the unit and put in a better battery. This will increase the
range of the unit.

I'm unsure of the cost as my unit was a product sample.

Graeme

IR wireless thermometer SteveB[_2_] General Cooking 3 31-10-2008 03:04 AM
Digital Thermometer Reccomendations? Mike General Cooking 2 30-10-2005 02:05 PM
Wireless thermometer. ceed Barbecue 2 08-08-2005 04:20 PM
High temperature wireless thermometer [email protected] General Cooking 0 02-05-2005 08:45 PM
Radio Shack Wireless BBQ Thermometer Reg Barbecue 36 15-01-2004 04:44 AM