Default reheating pork shoulder?

Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.

Also, I had my sample sandwich without the vinegar sauce. Just salt and
pepper, pretty damn good. I felt like you could really taste the
smokiness. Any experience with other flavorings for pulled pork?

John O

> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.

I use quart-sized ziplock freezer bags. Load one up, squeeze out all the
air, and toss it in the freezer. Reheat can be done by tossing the closed
bag into hot (boiling) water, or nuke it in the microwave.

-John O

bk

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>
> Also, I had my sample sandwich without the vinegar sauce. Just salt and
> pepper, pretty damn good. I felt like you could really taste the
> smokiness. Any experience with other flavorings for pulled pork?

We'll often use the nuker or heat up in a pan with a bit of sauce.

bk

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>
> Also, I had my sample sandwich without the vinegar sauce. Just salt and
> pepper, pretty damn good. I felt like you could really taste the
> smokiness. Any experience with other flavorings for pulled pork?

We'll often use the nuker or heat up in a pan with a bit of sauce.

Dimitri

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>
> Also, I had my sample sandwich without the vinegar sauce. Just salt and
> pepper, pretty damn good. I felt like you could really taste the
> smokiness. Any experience with other flavorings for pulled pork?

If you have the time - I have had good luck using a crock pot - then sauce
at the very last minute before serving.

Dimitri

Harry Demidavicius

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:30:03 GMT, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
>> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
>> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>>

>If you have the time - I have had good luck using a crock pot - then sauce
>at the very last minute before serving.
>
>Dimitri

My best results have come from Tilia'ing the pulled meat, and reviving
it in boiling water until it is fully warmed throughout. If it is
just to be overnighted, I wouldn't bother freezing it.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

wrote:

> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
>> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
>> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>>

>If you have the time - I have had good luck using a crock pot - then sauce
>at the very last minute before serving.
>
>Dimitri

My best results have come from Tilia'ing the pulled meat, and reviving
it in boiling water until it is fully warmed throughout. If it is
just to be overnighted, I wouldn't bother freezing it.

Harry
Brick

On 18-Apr-2005, "John O" > wrote:

> > Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> > so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> > already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.

> I use quart-sized ziplock freezer bags. Load one up, squeeze out all the
> air, and toss it in the freezer. Reheat can be done by tossing the closed
> bag into hot (boiling) water, or nuke it in the microwave.
>
> -John O

Perhaps ziplocs work. Glad bags are a misrable failure in boiling
water. Howver, boiling in a bag is the preferable method. You
will achieve near if not the same as fresh taste and texture.
FoodSaver or Sorbent bags can be boiled to your hearts content.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

Brick

On 18-Apr-2005, "John O" > wrote:

> > Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> > so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> > already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.

> I use quart-sized ziplock freezer bags. Load one up, squeeze out all the
> air, and toss it in the freezer. Reheat can be done by tossing the closed
> bag into hot (boiling) water, or nuke it in the microwave.
>
> -John O

Perhaps ziplocs work. Glad bags are a misrable failure in boiling
water. Howver, boiling in a bag is the preferable method. You
will achieve near if not the same as fresh taste and texture.
FoodSaver or Sorbent bags can be boiled to your hearts content.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)

rnr_construction

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>
> Also, I had my sample sandwich without the vinegar sauce. Just salt and
> pepper, pretty damn good. I felt like you could really taste the
> smokiness. Any experience with other flavorings for pulled pork?

Green chili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look for embasa brand salsa verde hell google up green chili its
fantastic put it on eggs for breakfast ( you dont need quite so much pork
for this) or make a pork burrito

Chef Juke

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:06:25 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:30:03 GMT, "Dimitri" >
>wrote:
>

> wrote in message
groups.com...
>>> Hey, just pulled off the shoulder about an hour ago. It's past midnight
>>> so it's gotta be eaten tomorrow. What's the best way to reheat? I
>>> already shredded the meat, but didn't add the vinegar sauce.
>>>

>>If you have the time - I have had good luck using a crock pot - then sauce
>>at the very last minute before serving.
>>
>>Dimitri
>>

>My best results have come from Tilia'ing the pulled meat, and reviving
>it in boiling water until it is fully warmed throughout. If it is
>just to be overnighted, I wouldn't bother freezing it.
>
>Harry

I strongly second Harry's method. I have yet to have pulled pork
reheat better than in a vacuum bag. I've sautéed gently, I've
crockpotted, I've nuked it in a microwave (that came in a close
second, but only when I nuked it in a vacuum bag). I've heated slowly
in an oven at low temp.

Vaccum bagging it was far superior to all the other methods I've
tried...

Just my 2 cents...

-Chef Juke
"EVERYbody Eats When They Come To MY House!"
www.chefjuke.com

Pork shoulder Gz Barbecue 13 08-07-2010 10:29 PM
Pork Shoulder Evelyn Diabetic 7 16-06-2010 11:36 AM
Reheating Ribs and pulled pork? AG Barbecue 5 06-02-2004 11:09 PM
Reheating & serving pulled pork? Bill Hortin Barbecue 2 24-10-2003 01:12 AM