Michael Fox

Default Briscut

I am a novice and this may be a stupid question. I know it takes like 13
hours to properly smoke a bricut. Can I cook it 7 hours on one day and the
rest the next day? Thanks

Dave Bugg

Michael Fox wrote:
> I am a novice and this may be a stupid question. I know it takes like
> 13 hours to properly smoke a bricut.

I think you mean "brisket"? It doesn't necessarily take 13 hours. It could
be more, or less.

> Can I cook it 7 hours on one day
> and the rest the next day? Thanks

Sure. It just wouldn't be near as good.

--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

cl

Michael Fox wrote:

> I am a novice and this may be a stupid question. I know it takes like 13
> hours to properly smoke a bricut. Can I cook it 7 hours on one day and the
> rest the next day? Thanks

Briscut, prickles and scrimp are good leftovers.

-CAL
Christine Allison

The answer is a qualified yes. However for starters you will have to bring
it back up to the temp reached at the end of the first 7 hours and continue
on from there. Remember the purpose of slow cooking is to allow time for
heat promoted chemical changes to occur which will tenderize and change the
texture of the food. That's why it takes 13 hours. It's possible that you
could SLOWLY warm it in a microwave and then place it in your smoker to
continue the cooking process.

On the good side it's probable that the two day process would cause an
increased complexity of the flavor when finished.

It's worth trying...

Richard Smith
"

Brick

On 11-Apr-2005, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Michael Fox wrote:
> > I am a novice and this may be a stupid question. I know it takes like
> > 13 hours to properly smoke a bricut.

> I think you mean "brisket"? It doesn't necessarily take 13 hours. It
> could
> be more, or less.
>
> > Can I cook it 7 hours on one day
> > and the rest the next day? Thanks

> Sure. It just wouldn't be near as good.
>
> --
> Dave
> Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
> http://davebbq.com/

Notwithstanding, Dave knows a hell of a lot more about brisket
then I do, but the last one I did (How time flies) on 6/8/2004 took
7 hours total and just 6 hrs for the tip. I netted 9 lbs from the
original 13#. (That was today's trivia). It's been a long time
since I took a poor product out of my pit. I think though, that
I'll revive my narrative from my first couple of cooks back in '03
and post it separately. Everybody goes through a learning curve
and mine was no shorter then average.

Brick (Keep the shiny side up)