Borax

Default Outdoor plans

Hi All,

I just found this group and I like it. My wife and ( (me, really) want
to build an outdoor kitchen area on our patio. I've studied the Sunset
Outdoor Kitchens & BBQ book to death and I was wondering if there was
an online resource that had photos or plans.

I've Googled it, but I haven't come up with much.

Cheers

Pierre

Borax wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just found this group and I like it. My wife and ( (me, really)

want
> to build an outdoor kitchen area on our patio. I've studied the

Sunset
> Outdoor Kitchens & BBQ book to death and I was wondering if there was
> an online resource that had photos or plans.
>
> I've Googled it, but I haven't come up with much.
>
> Cheers

Tell us a little bit more of what caught your eye in the Sunset book,
and you'd probably get a response. There's lots to chose from out
there.

Looking for brick and mortar? Portable? Gas(echh, but we'll tolerate
you)? Grilling or more suited for bbq'ing?

Help us out Borax.

Pierre

Borax

What I like:

Large counter area fro prepping, setting a cocktail down and serving
from when done. Large grill (gas -- I know, I know), say 48", side
burner unit. Some storage under.

Here is my basic design anf ter much muddling through the Sunset book
and just thinking on it:

Overall width, about 120", 36" counter on the right, 48" grill, 6"
counter, 13" dual burner unit, thne 24" counter. Basic consrtuction
will be metal studs for frame covered by Wonderboard, covered by stucco
to match the house. Haven't decided on counter top material yet.
Insode the house we have Silestone, but this top would be on the order
of $1,200 (ouch). Maybe granite - I think I can get the slab with
bullnose for around $500-$600 with a backsplash. Maybe tile. I'll put
some electrical in for rotisserie, blender, etc.

I don't think I want a sink, as that becomes a plumbing ordeal.

Anybody have addional thoughts to add about their setup? Particularly
what you like or dislike or would do differently. Thanks!

Dave Bugg

Borax wrote:

> I don't think I want a sink, .....

<snork>
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Dave Bugg

Borax wrote:

> I don't think I want a sink, .....

<snork>
--
Dave
Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que

Pierre

Borax wrote:
> What I like:
>
> Large counter area fro prepping, setting a cocktail down and serving
> from when done. Large grill (gas -- I know, I know), say 48", side
> burner unit. Some storage under.
>
> Here is my basic design anf ter much muddling through the Sunset book
> and just thinking on it:
>
> Overall width, about 120", 36" counter on the right, 48" grill, 6"
> counter, 13" dual burner unit, thne 24" counter. Basic consrtuction
> will be metal studs for frame covered by Wonderboard, covered by

stucco
> to match the house. Haven't decided on counter top material yet.
> Insode the house we have Silestone, but this top would be on the

order
> of $1,200 (ouch). Maybe granite - I think I can get the slab with
> bullnose for around $500-$600 with a backsplash. Maybe tile. I'll

put
> some electrical in for rotisserie, blender, etc.
>
> I don't think I want a sink, as that becomes a plumbing ordeal.
>
> Anybody have addional thoughts to add about their setup? Particularly
> what you like or dislike or would do differently. Thanks!

Borax, granite would probably last longest. . .watch for staining.
Tile will eventually become a grout maintenence problem. Add your
water line (flexible lines can be pretty painless), and have a sink.
Your cocktails will apreciate that; along with giving you a place to
rinse off the hotdogs that fall on the ground.

Good luck.

Pierre

Pierre

Borax wrote:
> What I like:
>
> Large counter area fro prepping, setting a cocktail down and serving
> from when done. Large grill (gas -- I know, I know), say 48", side
> burner unit. Some storage under.
>
> Here is my basic design anf ter much muddling through the Sunset book
> and just thinking on it:
>
> Overall width, about 120", 36" counter on the right, 48" grill, 6"
> counter, 13" dual burner unit, thne 24" counter. Basic consrtuction
> will be metal studs for frame covered by Wonderboard, covered by

stucco
> to match the house. Haven't decided on counter top material yet.
> Insode the house we have Silestone, but this top would be on the

order
> of $1,200 (ouch). Maybe granite - I think I can get the slab with
> bullnose for around $500-$600 with a backsplash. Maybe tile. I'll

put
> some electrical in for rotisserie, blender, etc.
>
> I don't think I want a sink, as that becomes a plumbing ordeal.
>
> Anybody have addional thoughts to add about their setup? Particularly
> what you like or dislike or would do differently. Thanks!

Borax, granite would probably last longest. . .watch for staining.
Tile will eventually become a grout maintenence problem. Add your
water line (flexible lines can be pretty painless), and have a sink.
Your cocktails will apreciate that; along with giving you a place to
rinse off the hotdogs that fall on the ground.

Good luck.

Pierre

Borax

Thanks, Pierre.

It's not the clean water I have the problem with. Its the used water
getting back to the drain.

Borax

Thanks, Pierre.

It's not the clean water I have the problem with. Its the used water
getting back to the drain.

"Borax" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks, Pierre.
>
> It's not the clean water I have the problem with. Its the used water
> getting back to the drain.

It's called a bucket. 8>))

John