Piedmont

Default Pics of Rib Tip

Links to pictures of Rib Tip's. Notice the white cartilege, the rest is
meat, notice pink smoke ring. Make a note: Rib Tips are a good thing and
all true Spare Ribs come complete with Rib Tips!

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...oto&PhotoID=24

http://groups.msn.com/ThePracticalBa...msnw?Page=Last

--
Mike Willsey (Piedmont)
"The Practical Bar-B-Q'r!" :

Charities; Oxfam GB: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/about_us/index.htm,
Operation Smile: http://www.operationsmile.org/

If you or a loved one has thyroid issues, please have their thyroid
checked for radiation levels!

I have a question about spareribs.
Do you have to trim them?
Will they cook fine with the flap of meat still attached or is it
better to trim the flap and tips?

Thanks,
Christy

Piedmont

I don't trim the flap, never caused any uneven cooking.

The next time I do some spares, I will take pictures showing the entire
slab (spare) then, the flap, and then how I cut the tips away from the
bone.

Regards: Mike WIllsey (Piedmont)

Piedmont

For a while I was grilling them for no longer than 1 hour, then I'd
finish them in the indirect cooker. But getting lazy and now just cook
in the indirect cooker.(grin)

Regards: Mike Willsey (Piedmont)

PICS Brooklyn1 General Cooking 15 27-05-2013 05:50 PM
pics getting better... hutchndi Sourdough 9 26-01-2006 06:37 PM