FoodBanter.com

-   -   Marinades for London Broil (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/48574-marinades-london-broil.html)

Kevin S. Wilson 19-12-2004 04:39 PM

Marinades for London Broil

I'm going to grill a big thick London broil tonight and was thinking
about marinating it in some cheap Italian dressing. Any other ideas
for marinades?

PS: I don't care whether a London broil is a type of cut, a type of
dish, or a bad name for a rock-and-roll band.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho

Harry 19-12-2004 05:06 PM

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> I'm going to grill a big thick London broil tonight and was thinking
> about marinating it in some cheap Italian dressing. Any other ideas
> for marinades?

For you I would recommend a nice shit marinade just cause it would go so
well with your personality.

Harry 19-12-2004 05:06 PM

Kevin S. Wilson 19-12-2004 05:34 PM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:06:47 GMT, "Harry" > wrote:

>For you I would recommend a nice shit marinade just cause it would go so
>well with your personality.

And you are who again, Sparky?

Kevin S. Wilson 19-12-2004 05:36 PM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:34:32 -0700, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:06:47 GMT, "Harry" > wrote:
>>
>>For you I would recommend a nice shit marinade just cause it would go so
>>well with your personality.

>And you are who again, Sparky?

Never mind. I answered my own question:

Results 1 - 1 of 1 for group:alt.food.barbecue
.

You're nobody.

Jack Curry 19-12-2004 06:49 PM

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> I'm going to grill a big thick London broil tonight and was thinking
> about marinating it in some cheap Italian dressing. Any other ideas
> for marinades?
>
> PS: I don't care whether a London broil is a type of cut, a type of
> dish, or a bad name for a rock-and-roll band.

I've done all of these and love 'em.

Easiest is just marinate in Goya Mojo Criollo.

Jack's #1

2 C. soy sauce
1C. water
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 cloves garlic, mashed
1 1/2 oz bourbon
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper

Jack's #2

Juice of 1 lime
1/2 C. Soy sauce
1/4 C. dry red wine
3 TBS veg. oil
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1-3 large cloves mashed garlic
(optional)
Celery seeds, Dill Weed, chopped green onion, chives)

Marinate in Chimmichurri - there are lots of variations; here's one I've
used and it's excellent on flank steak. Reserve some and serve as a sauce.
It's a BIG raw garlic hit, so everybody might not like it, but when cooked
into the meat, it's great.

http://www.whats4eats.com/recipes/r_...imichurri.html

Jack Curry

Yip Yap 19-12-2004 08:06 PM

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> I'm going to grill a big thick London broil tonight and was thinking
> about marinating it in some cheap Italian dressing. Any other ideas
> for marinades?

I like the red wine based marinades like this:

1 cup bold red wine
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinnegar
3 to 5 cloves garlic crushed (and/or garlic powder)
1 tbsp. worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce

The quantities can be changed to taste.
This type of marinade also works well for
Santa Maria style tri-tip.

-- Yip

Harry Demidavicius 20-12-2004 06:11 AM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:06:47 GMT, "Harry" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I'm going to grill a big thick London broil tonight and was thinking
>> about marinating it in some cheap Italian dressing. Any other ideas
>> for marinades?
>>

>For you I would recommend a nice shit marinade just cause it would go so
>well with your personality.

I did not write this!!!!!! I would never write stuff like that!!!!
Harry

Kevin S. Wilson 20-12-2004 06:20 AM

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:11:32 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:06:47 GMT, "Harry" > wrote:
>

>>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> I'm going to grill a big thick London broil tonight and was thinking
>>> about marinating it in some cheap Italian dressing. Any other ideas
>>> for marinades?
>>>

>>For you I would recommend a nice shit marinade just cause it would go so
>>well with your personality.
>>

>I did not write this!!!!!! I would never write stuff like that!!!!

We know, Harry. It's just some one-note wonder making his debut in
AFB, some sad little ****** hiding behind an "anonymous" posting
address.

Or it's CAL, who seems to have recently discovered the concept of
using a scok puppet.

<yawn> Boring and ineffective either way you look at it.

cl 20-12-2004 11:28 PM

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:11:32 GMT, Harry Demidavicius

> Or it's CAL, who seems to have recently discovered the concept of
> using a cock puppet.
>
> <yawn> Boring and ineffective either way you look at it.

What was that you are saying about the cock puppets that you hold a patent
on?

Regardless it ain't me. I'll tell you straight up and I doubt anyone here
would doubt this. The more likely candidate is Kevin himself. He was worried
because I didn't have time to waste with him so he probably was trolling
himself.

Since the CAL->KevinG translator might be down here is a synopsis: KevinG,
you might take senor Harry's advice and conjure up a shit marinade to suit
your personality Upsize that.

-CAL