dave99

Default Fiesta 345 Advantis

I have a Fiesta 345 Advantis bbq and hoping you guys can help. Everytime i
open up the gas to start it, they tell you to wait 5 seconds, and turn the
burner on high, then ignite it............. My problem is 9 out of 10 times
the gas flows for 2 seconds and shuts off, i go through the 5 minute wait
period and the same thing, then for no reason it will flow as it should,
what the heck am i missing, why cant i get it to start first time everytime

Thanks

Dick Thompson

"dave99" > wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
> I have a Fiesta 345 Advantis bbq and hoping you guys can help. Everytime i
> open up the gas to start it, they tell you to wait 5 seconds, and turn the
> burner on high, then ignite it............. My problem is 9 out of 10

times
> the gas flows for 2 seconds and shuts off, i go through the 5 minute wait
> period and the same thing, then for no reason it will flow as it should,
> what the heck am i missing, why cant i get it to start first time

everytime

> Thanks

I had the same problem a couple years ago. There is an adjustment screw on
the propane tank valve. The guy at the gas station who fills the tank
turned the screw with a screwdriver and problem solved. It's also possible
your line is dirty.

Dick Thompson

"dave99" > wrote in message
et.cable.rogers.com...
> I have a Fiesta 345 Advantis bbq and hoping you guys can help. Everytime i
> open up the gas to start it, they tell you to wait 5 seconds, and turn the
> burner on high, then ignite it............. My problem is 9 out of 10

times
> the gas flows for 2 seconds and shuts off, i go through the 5 minute wait
> period and the same thing, then for no reason it will flow as it should,
> what the heck am i missing, why cant i get it to start first time

everytime

> Thanks

I had the same problem a couple years ago. There is an adjustment screw on
the propane tank valve. The guy at the gas station who fills the tank
turned the screw with a screwdriver and problem solved. It's also possible
your line is dirty.

Scarlet Pimpernel

"dave99" > wrote in message . net.cable.rogers.com>...
> I have a Fiesta 345 Advantis bbq and hoping you guys can help. Everytime i
> open up the gas to start it, they tell you to wait 5 seconds, and turn the
> burner on high, then ignite it............. My problem is 9 out of 10 times
> the gas flows for 2 seconds and shuts off, i go through the 5 minute wait
> period and the same thing, then for no reason it will flow as it should,
> what the heck am i missing, why cant i get it to start first time everytime

Open the valve slowly, so the regulator doesn't get a sudden surge of
gas. Some of them have a safety function where they shut down if
there's a sudden increase in flow...

HTH

/s
Scarlet Pimpernel

"dave99" > wrote in message . net.cable.rogers.com>...
> I have a Fiesta 345 Advantis bbq and hoping you guys can help. Everytime i
> open up the gas to start it, they tell you to wait 5 seconds, and turn the
> burner on high, then ignite it............. My problem is 9 out of 10 times
> the gas flows for 2 seconds and shuts off, i go through the 5 minute wait
> period and the same thing, then for no reason it will flow as it should,
> what the heck am i missing, why cant i get it to start first time everytime

Open the valve slowly, so the regulator doesn't get a sudden surge of
gas. Some of them have a safety function where they shut down if
there's a sudden increase in flow...

HTH

/s

Hairy

"Dick Thompson" > wrote in message

> "dave99" > wrote in message
> et.cable.rogers.com...
> > I have a Fiesta 345 Advantis bbq and hoping you guys can help. Everytime

> > open up the gas to start it, they tell you to wait 5 seconds, and turn

the
> > burner on high, then ignite it............. My problem is 9 out of 10

> times
> > the gas flows for 2 seconds and shuts off, i go through the 5 minute

wait
> > period and the same thing, then for no reason it will flow as it should,
> > what the heck am i missing, why cant i get it to start first time

> everytime
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> I had the same problem a couple years ago. There is an adjustment screw

on
> the propane tank valve. The guy at the gas station who fills the tank
> turned the screw with a screwdriver and problem solved. It's also

possible
> your line is dirty.

That is not an adjustment screw. It is a bleed screw used to bleed air out
of new tanks while filling. It must be kept tightly closed except for
filling. There are three things that commonly cause the OP's problem...
Overfill, Air in tank, and as Scarlet Pimpernel suggested, a very sensitive
OPD valve. Your dealer, when he turned the screw, was either bleeding air or
bleeding propane to rectify an overfilled tank.

Hairy