frohe

Default A rub a dub dub

While I helped the wife can up a bunch a pickles, I put out a couple
slabs for tonight's meal. I tried a different rub than my normal S&P
and powdered garlic. Wow! I may have a new favorite rub. Here it is
if you'd like to try it.

3 parts brown sugar
3 parts chili powder
3 parts cumin
3 parts granulated garlic
3 parts granulated onion
3 parts kosher salt
3 parts paprika
1 part black pepper
1 part cayenne pepper

For this trial run, part = 1/3 cup.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Brian Worthey

"frohe" > wrote in message
> While I helped the wife can up a bunch a pickles, I put out a couple
> slabs for tonight's meal. I tried a different rub than my normal S&P
> and powdered garlic. Wow! I may have a new favorite rub. Here it is
> if you'd like to try it.
>
> 3 parts brown sugar
> 3 parts chili powder
> 3 parts cumin
> 3 parts granulated garlic
> 3 parts granulated onion
> 3 parts kosher salt
> 3 parts paprika
> 1 part black pepper
> 1 part cayenne pepper
>
> For this trial run, part = 1/3 cup.
> --
> -frohe

Sounds pretty good frohe, I did something similar one time, I think
everything but the cumin and I have to say it is one of my favorites for
ribs. I like the sweet with a bit of bite that the brown sugar, chili
poweder and cayenne give it.

Whatcha gonna do with all those pickles? My mom always does sweet pickles
that we use in our tater salad, tuna salad and stuff like that, and it is SO
much better than the store bought pickle relish that you get.

I knew I shouldn't have come over here reading tonight, now I'm hungry!!!
I've been without my smoker now for a little over a year, and I haven't had
any good BBQ in that time either. Needless to say it has been a bad year!
LOL! I'll be back on the wagon, or pit in this case, soon though!

Later,

B-Worthey

Brian Worthey

"frohe" > wrote in message
> While I helped the wife can up a bunch a pickles, I put out a couple
> slabs for tonight's meal. I tried a different rub than my normal S&P
> and powdered garlic. Wow! I may have a new favorite rub. Here it is
> if you'd like to try it.
>
> 3 parts brown sugar
> 3 parts chili powder
> 3 parts cumin
> 3 parts granulated garlic
> 3 parts granulated onion
> 3 parts kosher salt
> 3 parts paprika
> 1 part black pepper
> 1 part cayenne pepper
>
> For this trial run, part = 1/3 cup.
> --
> -frohe

Sounds pretty good frohe, I did something similar one time, I think
everything but the cumin and I have to say it is one of my favorites for
ribs. I like the sweet with a bit of bite that the brown sugar, chili
poweder and cayenne give it.

Whatcha gonna do with all those pickles? My mom always does sweet pickles
that we use in our tater salad, tuna salad and stuff like that, and it is SO
much better than the store bought pickle relish that you get.

I knew I shouldn't have come over here reading tonight, now I'm hungry!!!
I've been without my smoker now for a little over a year, and I haven't had
any good BBQ in that time either. Needless to say it has been a bad year!
LOL! I'll be back on the wagon, or pit in this case, soon though!

Later,

B-Worthey

frohe

Brian Worthey wrote:
> Whatcha gonna do with all those pickles?

Eat em. I love pickles!

> I knew I shouldn't have come over here reading tonight, now I'm
> hungry!!! I've been without my smoker now for a little over a year,
> and I haven't had any good BBQ in that time either. Needless to say
> it has been a bad year! LOL! I'll be back on the wagon, or pit in
> this case, soon though!

Hope ya get ya another pit soon, Brian. And, good to see ya dropped
by.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Brian Worthey

Default A rub a dub dub OT:Pickles

"Lou" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 02:49:14 GMT, "Brian Worthey"
> Would you mind getting your Mom's sweet pickle recipe for us? Kinda
> OT but I use store-bought in my BBQ sides all the time and would love
> to have a good homemade recipe.
>
> Thanks,
> Lou

I will see what I cando, my mom isn't usually precise when she gives me
stuff so I will ask her and then pass it on to you! If you want to e-mail
me so I'll have a reminder that way, that'd be cool too!

Thanks,

B-Worthey

Brian Worthey