Michael

Default Chunks at Wal-mart

Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were $4.95
a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.

Michael

Edwin Pawlowski

"Michael" > wrote in message

> Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were

$4.95
> a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.
>
> Michael

I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free

Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

Michael

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Michael" > wrote in message
>
> > Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were

> $4.95
> > a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.
> >
> > Michael

> I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free
>
> Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
> branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

I live on ten acres of heavily wooded ground. I heat with wood and have
about three cords of oak lying around. I live very close to the "Apple Hill"
area and can get fruit wood free. It's the mesquite and hickory I can't get.

Michael
P.S. I have a plum tree down and dried. anyone ever cook with plum?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Michael" > wrote in message
> . I live very close to the "Apple Hill"
> area and can get fruit wood free. It's the mesquite and hickory I can't

get.

> Michael
> P.S. I have a plum tree down and dried. anyone ever cook with plum?

Apple is very much like hickory.
Never tried plum

Dave W.

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Michael" > wrote in message
>
> > Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were

> $4.95
> > a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.
> >
> > Michael

> I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free

I have a couple of dogwood branches. Anybody used dogwood? Any good?

Dave W.

--
In the Ozarks. Dot edu will do for email.

Matthew L. Martin

Michael wrote:

> Michael
> P.S. I have a plum tree down and dried. anyone ever cook with plum?

Plum! MMmmmmm.....

Matthew

Matthew L. Martin

Michael wrote:

> Michael
> P.S. I have a plum tree down and dried. anyone ever cook with plum?

Plum! MMmmmmm.....

Matthew

Harry Demidavicius

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 23:17:06 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>
>> Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were

>$4.95
>> a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.
>>
>> Michael

>I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free
>
>Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
>branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.

Harry

Harry Demidavicius

wrote:

>"Michael" > wrote in message
>
>> Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were

>$4.95
>> a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.
>>
>> Michael

>I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free
>
>Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
>branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.

Harry

John O

> >Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
> >branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

> Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.

I drove from Edmonton to Calgary once, and even though it was dark I don't
recall seeing any trees. In fact, I don't recall seeing anything but road
and cars.

As for WalMart, wait a week or two and those bags of chunks will go for $1.

-John O

John O

> >Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
> >branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

> Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.

I drove from Edmonton to Calgary once, and even though it was dark I don't
recall seeing any trees. In fact, I don't recall seeing anything but road
and cars.

As for WalMart, wait a week or two and those bags of chunks will go for $1.

-John O

John O

> >Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
> >branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

> Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.

I drove from Edmonton to Calgary once, and even though it was dark I don't
recall seeing any trees. In fact, I don't recall seeing anything but road
and cars.

As for WalMart, wait a week or two and those bags of chunks will go for $1.

-John O

G Johnston

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:05:50 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 23:17:06 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Michael" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Went to the local Sprawl-mart today. Hickory and Mesquites chunks were

>>$4.95
>>> a bag. Bought one of each. 2/3 cubic ft.
>>>
>>> Michael

>>I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free
>>
>>Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
>>branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

>Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.
>
>Harry

I hear's 'ya Harry...not much out there in Winnipeg, but I have run
into a few oddities. Very few stores seem to sell anything expect
hickory and mesquite shavings...no chunks to be found. However, I
happened to walk into a Revy and found them selling Maple Leaf
charcoal and square chunks of maple for this weird grill system.
Plus, due to the kindness of a coworker, I have about a garbage bag's
worth of oak pieces.

The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:51:29 GMT, G Johnston >
wrote:

>The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
>find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

Red Rose tea. Drank it all over British Columbia.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

wrote:

>The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
>find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

Red Rose tea. Drank it all over British Columbia.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Edwin Pawlowski

"G Johnston hot.com>" <maobio@mail<--> wrote in message

> The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
> find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

Tea Trader in Calgary www.teatrader.com

John O

> >The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
> >find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

> Red Rose tea. Drank it all over British Columbia.

That's the key ingredient in my Grandma's special iced tea recipe. Of course
it's sweet, and she's lived in the Detroit area for 80 years now.

-John O

Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:24:27 GMT, "John O"
> wrote:

>> >Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
>> >branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

>> Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.
>>

>I drove from Edmonton to Calgary once, and even though it was dark I don't
>recall seeing any trees. In fact, I don't recall seeing anything but road
>and cars.
>
>As for WalMart, wait a week or two and those bags of chunks will go for $1.
>
>-John O

There are 6 trees just South of Red Deer, eh. They have names and
everything.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 05:05:50 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 23:17:06 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
>>wrote:

>>>$4.95

>>>I cut up the branch of an apple tree. Free
>>>
>>>Look around you and I bet you can come up with lots of free wood. Fallen
>>>branches, tree trimmers, fruit orchards, etc.

>>Not in Sunny Alberta, Ed.
>>
>>Harry

>I hear's 'ya Harry...not much out there in Winnipeg, but I have run
>into a few oddities. Very few stores seem to sell anything expect
>hickory and mesquite shavings...no chunks to be found. However, I
>happened to walk into a Revy and found them selling Maple Leaf
>charcoal and square chunks of maple for this weird grill system.
>Plus, due to the kindness of a coworker, I have about a garbage bag's
>worth of oak pieces.
>
>The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
>find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

Revy/Rona have just recently added the Maple lump and chunks to their
line up, Michael. I'd welcome your report on the lump. I've been
buying Royal Oak from Can Tire and am well satisfied with it. They
have it all year; I doubt if Revy will as they dump out all the 'BBQ'
stuff every Autumn. My Can Tire also carries chunks, but Home Depot
have a better choice.

WTF is sweet tea?

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:17:42 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:51:29 GMT, G Johnston >
>wrote:
>
>>The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
>>find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

>Red Rose tea. Drank it all over British Columbia.

Kevin - You're an American - you're not allowed an opinion on tea ;0)

Harry

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:03:39 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:

>WTF is sweet tea?

An abomination.

Someone else will have to fill you in on the details. As I understand
it to be made in Charleston, SC, water, tea, and LOTS of sugar are
brought almost to a boil, and then the tea bags are left to seep. In
the parts of the US I've visited south of the Manson-Nixon Line, I
found it difficult if not impossible to find anything other than sweet
tea.

Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Reg

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.

Good idea, I'll try that. With a shot of... ? is the only question.

Reg

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

> Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.

Good idea, I'll try that. With a shot of... ? is the only question.

CJK

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:03:39 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> > wrote:
>
>>WTF is sweet tea?

> An abomination.
>
> Someone else will have to fill you in on the details. As I understand
> it to be made in Charleston, SC, water, tea, and LOTS of sugar are
> brought almost to a boil, and then the tea bags are left to seep. In
> the parts of the US I've visited south of the Manson-Nixon Line, I
> found it difficult if not impossible to find anything other than sweet
> tea.
>
> Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.
>
> --
> Kevin S. Wilson
> Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
> "Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
> --Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

tasty and also called and Arnold Palmer

John O

> There are 6 trees just South of Red Deer, eh. They have names and
> everything.

The postcard I picked up somewhere read: "I traveled the Trans-Can highway
and I saw...the Trans-Can highway!"

A bit sparse out there, but you have good beer, and plenty of space in which
to drink it.

-John O

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:16:15 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:03:39 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:
>
>>WTF is sweet tea?

>An abomination.
>
>Someone else will have to fill you in on the details. As I understand
>it to be made in Charleston, SC, water, tea, and LOTS of sugar are
>brought almost to a boil, and then the tea bags are left to seep. In
>the parts of the US I've visited south of the Manson-Nixon Line, I
>found it difficult if not impossible to find anything other than sweet
>tea.
>
>Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.

I have read about this stuff[sweet tea], Kevin.. It sounds as bad as
'coffee I was fed in Jakarta - 1/3rd solid ground coffee , 1/3rd sugar
and 1/3rd tinned Carnation milk. I still have nightmares.

Harry
BigDog

Harry Demidavicius wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:16:15 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:03:39 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:
>>
>>>WTF is sweet tea?

>>An abomination.
>>
>>Someone else will have to fill you in on the details. As I understand
>>it to be made in Charleston, SC, water, tea, and LOTS of sugar are
>>brought almost to a boil, and then the tea bags are left to seep. In
>>the parts of the US I've visited south of the Manson-Nixon Line, I
>>found it difficult if not impossible to find anything other than sweet
>>tea.
>>
>>Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.

> I have read about this stuff[sweet tea], Kevin.. It sounds as bad as
> 'coffee I was fed in Jakarta - 1/3rd solid ground coffee , 1/3rd sugar
> and 1/3rd tinned Carnation milk. I still have nightmares.
>
> Harry

Don't know what I'm talkin' bout, but where I live in
Texas sweet tea is just iced tea with a spoonfull of
suger to sweeten it. And most places will give ya unsweetened
if ya ask fer it.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
BigDog

Harry Demidavicius wrote in alt.food.barbecue

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:16:15 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:03:39 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
> wrote:
>>
>>>WTF is sweet tea?

>>An abomination.
>>
>>Someone else will have to fill you in on the details. As I understand
>>it to be made in Charleston, SC, water, tea, and LOTS of sugar are
>>brought almost to a boil, and then the tea bags are left to seep. In
>>the parts of the US I've visited south of the Manson-Nixon Line, I
>>found it difficult if not impossible to find anything other than sweet
>>tea.
>>
>>Try a half-and-half mix of iced tea and lemonade. That's tasty.

> I have read about this stuff[sweet tea], Kevin.. It sounds as bad as
> 'coffee I was fed in Jakarta - 1/3rd solid ground coffee , 1/3rd sugar
> and 1/3rd tinned Carnation milk. I still have nightmares.
>
> Harry

Don't know what I'm talkin' bout, but where I live in
Texas sweet tea is just iced tea with a spoonfull of
suger to sweeten it. And most places will give ya unsweetened
if ya ask fer it.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
NJ Brown

Newbie here but been drinking tea my whole life. Boil water add tea bags.
Mix tea and cold water with sugar and add ice. That's it. nothing special,
but as far as I know, in the South, a staple. Can't live anywhere below the
MDL and not know about it.

Jack Curry

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:17:42 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:51:29 GMT, G Johnston >
> >wrote:
> >
> >>The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
> >>find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

> >Red Rose tea. Drank it all over British Columbia.

> Kevin - You're an American - you're not allowed an opinion on tea ;0)
>
> Harry

Sure he is. Us 'Mericans been smokin' tea for years.

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:17:42 -0600, Kevin S. Wilson >
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:51:29 GMT, G Johnston >
> >wrote:
> >
> >>The work you have to go through to BBQ in Canada...now if I could only
> >>find some decent tea bags for sweet tea.

> >Red Rose tea. Drank it all over British Columbia.

> Kevin - You're an American - you're not allowed an opinion on tea ;0)
>
> Harry

Sure he is. Us 'Mericans been smokin' tea for years.

Jack Curry

America absolutely loves Wal-Mart. 100 million customers visitWal-Mart every single week in this country sf[_9_] General Cooking 3 24-10-2015 08:47 PM
H Mart Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 13 24-11-2013 07:39 AM
Murder at Wal-Mart Chemo the Clown General Cooking 17 05-09-2009 02:12 PM
Top Wal*Mart wines Bill O'Meally Wine 0 19-06-2005 01:01 AM
Wal-Mart Wine [email protected] Wine 1 26-05-2005 05:56 PM