FoodBanter.com

-   -   Treats for work (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/28554-treats-work.html)

bbq 18-07-2004 07:02 PM

Treats for work

1 Attachment(s)
Today's cook is going to be treats for work tomorrow. Some bring
doughnuts, cake, cookies or pizza. I bring Q or jerky.

These are rubbed and ready to go on the WSM. Had to cut them down a bit
to fit on the rack, but using both racks was able to get all of them on.

Enjoy!!

M&M or Bricker,
I will try and better identify my pics for your archives. I have named
this attachment ribs1bbq and will add the next number to the next pic.

What I see getting complicated in the future with my naming convention
is next time I do ribs, I may use the same name again.

If you have another suggestion for a naming convention, please let me
know. I think I remember you saying sometime ago that your software may
not like dashes(-) in the file name.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

BOB 18-07-2004 07:21 PM

Treats for work

bbq wrote:
> Today's cook is going to be treats for work tomorrow. Some bring
> doughnuts, cake, cookies or pizza. I bring Q or jerky.
>
> These are rubbed and ready to go on the WSM. Had to cut them down a bit
> to fit on the rack, but using both racks was able to get all of them on.
>
> Enjoy!!
>
> M&M or Bricker,
> I will try and better identify my pics for your archives. I have named
> this attachment ribs1bbq and will add the next number to the next pic.
>
> What I see getting complicated in the future with my naming convention
> is next time I do ribs, I may use the same name again.
>
> If you have another suggestion for a naming convention, please let me
> know. I think I remember you saying sometime ago that your software may
> not like dashes(-) in the file name.
>
> Happy Q'en,
> BBQ

Pssst! BBQ, check which newsgroup this is in...

bbq 18-07-2004 09:30 PM

Treats for work

BOB wrote:

> Pssst! BBQ, check which newsgroup this is in...

Yea, REALLY sorry I goofed up. Not only once but twice. Guess I owe
some Q.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

bbq 18-07-2004 09:30 PM

Treats for work

Donna Rose 19-07-2004 12:41 AM

Treats for work

In article <RWyKc.109904$a24.25916@attbi_s03>, says...
> If you have another suggestion for a naming convention, please let me
> know. I think I remember you saying sometime ago that your software may
> not like dashes(-) in the file name.

How about the subject of the pic, your nick and the date? So these ribs
would be ribs714bbq and it wouldn't be a problem if you made ribs again
because presumably they'd have a different date. You could also add in
the year if you're worried about what would happen next year. Or,
alternatively, you could just number your pics consecutively (ribs01bbq,
brisket02bbq, etc). Problem with that, of course, would be having to
keep track of what number you were up to.
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

Monroe, of course... 19-07-2004 03:02 AM

Treats for work

In article <k5BKc.110984$MB3.19417@attbi_s04>, bbq >
wrote:

> BOB wrote:
>

> > Pssst! BBQ, check which newsgroup this is in...
> >

> Yea, REALLY sorry I goofed up. Not only once but twice. Guess I owe
> some Q.

LOL! - Pay up, brain fart boy!
(It's called 'pulling a fosco')

monroe(some cold beer will be nice too)

Monroe, of course... 19-07-2004 03:02 AM

Treats for work

bbq 19-07-2004 04:09 PM

Treats for work

Donna Rose wrote:

> In article <RWyKc.109904$a24.25916@attbi_s03>, says...
>
>>If you have another suggestion for a naming convention, please let me
>>know. I think I remember you saying sometime ago that your software may
>>not like dashes(-) in the file name.
>>

> How about the subject of the pic, your nick and the date? So these ribs
> would be ribs714bbq and it wouldn't be a problem if you made ribs again
> because presumably they'd have a different date. You could also add in
> the year if you're worried about what would happen next year. Or,
> alternatively, you could just number your pics consecutively (ribs01bbq,
> brisket02bbq, etc). Problem with that, of course, would be having to
> keep track of what number you were up to.

Yea, will probably do something using the date as part of the filename.

Thanks

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

bbq 19-07-2004 04:09 PM

Treats for work

BOB 19-07-2004 09:52 PM

Treats for work

bbq wrote:
> Donna Rose wrote:
>
>> In article <RWyKc.109904$a24.25916@attbi_s03>, says...
>>
>>> If you have another suggestion for a naming convention, please let me
>>> know. I think I remember you saying sometime ago that your software may
>>> not like dashes(-) in the file name.
>>>

>> How about the subject of the pic, your nick and the date? So these ribs
>> would be ribs714bbq and it wouldn't be a problem if you made ribs again
>> because presumably they'd have a different date. You could also add in
>> the year if you're worried about what would happen next year. Or,
>> alternatively, you could just number your pics consecutively (ribs01bbq,
>> brisket02bbq, etc). Problem with that, of course, would be having to
>> keep track of what number you were up to.

> Yea, will probably do something using the date as part of the filename.
>
> Thanks
>
> Happy Q'en,
> BBQ

If everybody keeps reminding me, I'll do something like that too. But I have to
find my camera first. I think Graeme left it at the pub...

BOB

BOB 19-07-2004 09:52 PM

Treats for work

Graeme...in London 20-07-2004 09:21 AM

Treats for work

" BOB" > wrote in message

> If everybody keeps reminding me, I'll do something like that too. But I

have to
> find my camera first. I think Graeme left it at the pub...
>
> BOB

BOB,

SWMBO has forbidden me taking the camera to the pub. It was only a matter of
time before I left it on the bar or table. She is right! My past record with
mobile phones and umbrellas is pretty disastrous.

Graeme