Mike

Default loin ribs

I bought some loin ribs for .99 a pound
is this where baby back ribs come from? The rib bones were pretty big
the butcher said they came off a big sow

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:00:58 -0700, "Mike" <mike@whidbeydotcom> wrote:

>I bought some loin ribs for .99 a pound
>is this where baby back ribs come from? The rib bones were pretty big
>the butcher said they came off a big sow

Do they look like this?

http://www.uspork.org/buyersguide/loin3500.html

If so, they're baby backs--or what that site calls "back ribs."

At $0.99/pound, I'd go back and fill the bed of my truck.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:00:58 -0700, "Mike" <mike@whidbeydotcom> wrote:

>I bought some loin ribs for .99 a pound
>is this where baby back ribs come from? The rib bones were pretty big
>the butcher said they came off a big sow

Do they look like this?

http://www.uspork.org/buyersguide/loin3500.html

If so, they're baby backs--or what that site calls "back ribs."

At $0.99/pound, I'd go back and fill the bed of my truck.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Tyler Hopper

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:00:58 -0700, "Mike" <mike@whidbeydotcom> wrote:
>
> >I bought some loin ribs for .99 a pound
> >is this where baby back ribs come from? The rib bones were pretty big
> >the butcher said they came off a big sow
> >

> Do they look like this?
>
> http://www.uspork.org/buyersguide/loin3500.html
>
> If so, they're baby backs--or what that site calls "back ribs."
>
> At $0.99/pound, I'd go back and fill the bed of my truck.

I thought that too. However, I bought some similar to what he described and they
were awful. Impossible to get tender.

Cook this batch and if they turn out well, go buy as many as you can get your
hands on.

Tyler